Wow! I definitely was not fibbing when I wrote in my last post that we were about to hit the
thickest part of the craziness.
thickest part of the craziness.
Thanksgiving this year consisted of a hospital visit, surgery, vomiting, diarrhea, exhaustion...
and a little turkey on the side.
and a little turkey on the side.
Wednesday evening after some severe stomach pains, and emptying out his stomach too many times to count, Trev's parents took him to the ER at 2am. I stayed home with the boys who also were vomiting and messing their pajama pants/diapers every hour or so. We discovered that Trev had gall stones and an inflamed gall bladder, and he was sent in for surgery to have his gall bladder removed Thanksgiving morning. My poor husband spent his Holiday in a hospital bed, while I stayed at home quarantined from family and friends so to not pass on a terrible stomach bug. My father-in-law did come over during nap time while Dean and I
made a trip to visit Trev at the Hospital. I wanted so badly to be with him the entire day, but my
boys needed me to take care for them.
made a trip to visit Trev at the Hospital. I wanted so badly to be with him the entire day, but my
boys needed me to take care for them.
Three days later and Trev is home (last night was his first night home, he had spent two in the Hospital, and one at his parent's house) and I have missed him tons. Zach is on the up side of the illness, unfortunately Jonny is still as sick as a dog. He has had so much vomit and diarrhea for a little over a week now. I have to say, watching him sit in the bathroom keeled over a toilet night after night, and having him beg me to fix his tummy has brought me to my knees so many times pleading with Father to heal my little boy. I know he'll be better eventually, its just breaking my heart to see him so ill.
Through the tears there have been grateful moments. So...
Here are my "Thanksgiving Blessings" through a Thanksgiving Nightmare
1. Family- Having Trev's family here for the holiday was more of a blessing than I can describe. They have served us in so many ways: caring for Trev, administering blessings, running errands, providing food, helping with the boys, taking me to the movies and lunch, letting me nap... I am so grateful for them and love them so much.
2. Surgeon- Because there were no surgeries scheduled on Thanksgiving and Trev's pain was "under control" the nurses discussed sending him home for the Holiday and postponing the surgery until the following day. When Trev told me this I felt skeptical, knowing that it was likely he would be spending the following 24 hours sick and uncomfortable. Fortunately, the surgeon, after looking at Trev's CAT Scan, decided that they needed to remove his gallbladder immediately, and agreed to perform the procedure on his holiday. Thank you. Thank you, Dr. Davis.
3. A Ward Family- I have received phone calls and visits from ward members (friends) who without knowing what's going on, make the comment, "I was thinking about you and thought I'd call to see how you are." Or "You've been on my mind lately and so I decided to stop by to say hello." Others have brought by yummy pumpkin bread (for me- since I'm the only one who can enjoy it), ginger ale for upset tummies, and movies for the boys to enjoy. These sweet people have obviously been inspired and have blessed our family with their thoughtful kindness.
4. Realty Office Worker- Last Friday was our deadline day to sign the lease on the home we've applied to. Because of the circumstances, it obviously was impossible to get over to the office to do so. I called the Realtor Friday morning, explained our situation, and asked if we could have our deadline extended until Monday. Mindy (Realtor), although the Manager was not there made an exception and said they would hold the house for us until Monday. Big Blessing!
5. My sister- Emily called me Thanksgiving Day and asked me some thanksgiving questions, "What food are you most thankful for," "What person are you most thankful for," "What event in your life are you most thankful for..." It was a conversation completely unrelated to what was going on in my life at that day, but brought the needed Thanksgiving spirit into my day, and I was so grateful for her at that moment.
Are you seeing the pattern?
It is amazing how often the Lord chooses to answer our prayers through others. He utilizes us to bless one another, in ways that are often unknown to those chosen. I am so grateful for wonderful people who act on the Spirit's promptings, and allow themselves to be the Lord's instruments to bless those in need.
Talk about truly giving this Thanksgiving Holiday.
And just because...
Happy Thanksgiving!
4 comments:
Oh my goodness...what a hectic time! I hope everyone is now on the mend!
O dear! I thought we had it bad...but I have nothing to complain about. I am glad that Trevor got the help he needed and I hope that he recovers quickly. This will be a Thanksgiving you will always remember, I am sure. You guys are in our prayers.
Sick kids are heartbreaking...nothing you can really do to make them feel better. blah! You are a great mom though, and I am sure having you there was the best medicine they needed.
Man, that is a very eventful holiday. I'm glad Trevor got taken care of in such a timely way. I hope little Johnny feels better soon! Hang in there, Michele!
Those boys are cute peas in a pod! That sounds CRAZY. Poor Trevor.
Post a Comment