Monday, November 22, 2010

Changes

Life has been anything but dull. We have been busy party planning, house hunting, car shopping, job searching, calling magnifying, doctor visiting, decision making, and so on.

I feel like we're hitting the thickest part of the craziness right now, but I wanted to jot down a quick update before my brain overloads and I forget all the wonderful events and changes that have already happened.


Halloween 2010
We went simple this year with costumes and had a blast. I headed up Jonny's Preschool Halloween Party and enjoyed making mummy hot dogs, jack-o-lantern oranges filled with fruit, and popcorn hands for the kids to eat. We played games, trick or treated around the playground, and made our children pose for ten camera-ready moms. 
The funny (not so funny) thing about the party was instead of being the helping mom who was suppose to be in charge of it all, every other mom ended up having to help me in some way. Zach was out of control destroying every art project, poster board, and art bucket in sight. Dean was hungry and tired and let everyone within 50 feet of him know it, and poor Jonny was the only child without his mom by his side to help him with his costume, gather his candy, or assist him with his art project. I was trying so hard to pull it all off, but dividing my time between three needy children while running the shin-dig myself seemed an impossible task for me.  After packing up and getting my three tired kids in the car (with the help of Miss Linda- Jonny's teacher... little embarrassing!) I decided that I could either cry or laugh over the whole thing. I'm happy to report that I chose to laugh. 
It wasn't until later that day when I took all three kids by myself to a birthday party at a pizza joint and lost Jonny for a solid 5 minutes that I decided that I deserved to have a good cry. What a day! 
The day will come when I will look back at these times and miss them, I know it!

Here we are after a fun Halloween block party with our Ward. We were pretty pooped! 
Joel, Jared, and Staci kept us up a little later playing games. It was fun and I love having family close by.




Car Purchase
After a smoking hood incident and being told that our 2001 Honda Civic needed over $3,000 worth of repair work done, we decided to trade in our car (and some) for a new one.  
Trev's new mode of transportation- Honda Civic 2011




Frenulectomy 
This little chub took a special trip to the Operating Offices with Trev and I (while Mom Nielsen stayed behind with Jonny and Zach-thank you again!) to have his tongue clipped. They put our blue eyed baby under, snipped his frenulum, and had me feeding him within ten minutes after the procedure had been done. He was such a champ and although he refuses to stick his tongue out of his mouth still, we're grateful that nothing is stopping him from doing so.
Should I also mention that Dean has six teeth as of two months ago and has been army crawling for a couple weeks now. Slow down little man!


House Hunting
We have been on the search for a new home for the last couple of months. I have to be honest that if I have to set up one more appointment to view one more property, I might scream. It has been an exciting yet frustrating search. However, I'm happy to write that we have narrowed our options down to two and have applications in on both properties. Fingers crossed that  one of them works out. I will post more details once I have them. We've begun the packing process and hope to move into our new place within the first two weeks of December. Aaaa... hence the craziness! 

That's it for right now. Note to self to post later about my calling (which I will sincerely miss when we move. I love serving in the Primary) and about our Ward (which I am even more depressed about saying goodbye to) and about family visiting, ( I have the most wonderful in laws) and Trev's future plans... and the list goes on. 

More to come.
Until then, Happy Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

Tamara said...

Michelle- Life sounds like a whirlwind of a roller coaster for your family! But these times will be such fun memories to look back on (once they are actually "in the past", that is). Before long, they will be going to school and you'll wish you had them running around destroying things again....ha! The kids' costumes were so cute! Good luck w/ the apartment shopping. Marlena (my sis) was in that same spot a few weeks ago, but things finally worked out...so I'm confident you will find something that is perfect for you all. LOVE the new car....I knew you'd stick w/ Honda. They've been so great to you all, really. I'm glad the surgery went well...and here's to seeing that lil tongue of his popping out any minute!!! ha ha ha.....♥ you, and you're in my prayers!!!

Steph B. said...

Wow! Michelle what a exciting and busy month for you and your family! I love the boys Halloween costumes! Good luck with House hunting...believe me...it can be frustrating but patience and hard work does pay off in the end! Would love to see you guys again soon!

Rachael said...

Good luck with everything! I know things will work out for you guys.

Natalie said...

Phew, that post made me tired just reading it! That pic of the lil' cubscout is just tooooo cute! Hang in there, looks like you have more busyness ahead!