Last night, after a phone conversation with the obgyn, Trev and I made a trip to the ER. I had been having severe abdominal pain. I was feverish most the day and extremely achy. After being examined by the doctor and receiving a CAT Scan, I was diagnosed with an appendicitis. Six am they rolled me into the Operating Room and I had my appendix removed. Honestly, I felt pretty emotional about the hospital stay. I was so anxious to leave that place less than a week ago that being there again was discouraging. I was very insistent about coming home this afternoon. Staying in the hopsital another night was the last thing I wanted to do. So, after a lot of counsel from the surgeon, she dismissed me, and I'm home! Hooray!
My parents and sister are visiting right now. Huge blessing! I'm not sure how we would be getting through this without their help. My mom stayed the entire night with the three boys while we were in the Hospital. Dean was an angel and slept really well for her. (answer to prayers) I've had to switch him temporarily to a bottle and formula because of the hospital stay and surgery. The surgeon advised me to pump but discard my milk for next 24 hours (or until the anesthesia medicine is out of my system) I hope Dean will make the transition back to nursing in the next day or two smoothly. I am not suppose to lift anything over 15 lbs for four weeks. This seems impossible considering Zach comes to me every few minutes asking to be held. It breaks my heart not to be able to hold him right now.
We are doing well considering, and I'm hoping to (re)start the recovery process now without any set backs. Fingers crossed!
10 comments:
You poor thing! I hope that you are able to recover quickly and I am so sorry that you had to face the hospital twice in one week. Good luck and we'll pray for you!
We love you! Call me to get your boys and bring you dinner when your family leaves! We'll talk soon!
Holy cow woman! I'm glad you're okay and that your mom has been able to be with you. Speedy recovery!
I've been so worried... I'm glad that your mama was here to help during surgery recovery time. And I'm so glad you called the doc that night!
Hope you get feeling better! I love you and wish I were there to help! Little Dean is BEAUTIFUL!
Dang...emotions are bad enough those first 2 weeks. I am glad you are ok...I hope your recovery goes well. I know the heartache that comes with not being able to hold your kid. C-sections do that to you too :(.
Thank goodness your mom is there!
oH Michelle!!! Poor Girl! I hope you are doing ok. Please let me know when your family leaves so I can come help out with whatever! Dean is so stinking cute!!!! I can't wait to see him!!
GIRL.....what a time you've had the past few days!!! I love you more than words can express. I'm coming out your way in July.....so watch out! You're in my prayers, and I can see that Heavenly Father has had a close eye on you all lately. You MUST be doing good things, or life wouldn't have this many trials for you all. LOVE YA! HANG in there, sista!
i can't believe all of this! i'm so sorry. seems like you're handling it well, i would be a mess. good luck with the recovery!
dean is beautiful. you're so lucky to have 3 little ones!
Post a Comment