The Monday after Dean was born my parents and younger sister, Em, came for a visit. It was such a blessing to have the three of them with us, especially considering the unexpected extra hospital visit we had to make. My family completely took over and handled everything with the boys, the house, and me without a word of complaint or hint of exhaustion. Jonny and Zach were spoiled rotten with bike rides, pool parties, and carousel rides. Dean received lots of love from his grandparents and aunt, and I was able to rest and recover.
My dad and Emily left a week ago, but my mom stayed with us for another week. She has been wonderful! She had to put a lot on hold back at home including arranging substitutes for both her Seminary and Preschool classes, not to mention clean up from a son's wedding and leave the following day to be with me. I know it was a big sacrifice for her to make the trip and I love her so much for it. She left yesterday and I miss her already. I was so spoiled that I'm not sure how to do this without her. Yesterday I felt like I was in survival mode. With Trevor at meetings and Church most the day, and me at home with the three little ones, I felt a little overwhelmed and a bit intimidated with my new reality. But I know with the Lord I can do this.
I love my three boys. I am so happy that Dean has joined our family. He brings the Spirit so easily into our home. (Don't all newborns do this?) There is something calming about him and I am so glad he came to us. Jonny is so sweet with him. He runs around like a crazy man all day long, yet when approaching his new little brother he changes completely into the gentlest, loving older brother there is. Zach is learning to be soft with his brother. He still tries to run up and whack Dean on the noggin when no one is looking. He steals his binky and blanket quite often, but perhaps he's just getting an early start on teaching his little brother how to share. These boys are my world (including their sweet dad).
I am feeling like the healthy (pre pregnancy/labor/surgery) me is just around the block. Our ward has been absolutely wonderful and I've received phone calls and visits from so many of the members. (Our wonderful bishop even called last Sunday to let me know he was thinking about me wanted to wish me a Happy Mother's Day. I thought it was so thoughtful.) I feel like we have had more offered help with this new arrival than ever before. The Lord really is aware of our feelings and needs and I am so grateful he utilizes others (family and others) to help us when we need it most. We are so blessed.
4 comments:
I wished I lived down the street and could just run over and vacuum your floor for you. I've been thinking about you so much lately Shell and I wish I could do something about it. I'm so glad you're mom and sister (and Dad too) were able to be there for you and your family and I know the anguish that comes when they leave. Hang in there...You're right; you CAN do this with the Lord. I know He's with you.
So glad you are feeling better and so glad you had family to help you out! You're a trooper!
Michellio,
Does your sister live her in Salt Lake and go to a student ward at the U? I think I saw her last night...
PS. HE IS DARLING! Actually all of your boys are!
Post a Comment