Sunday, November 8, 2009

INSANE NEWS!

So here it goes... I'm expecting!

Are you speechless? I sure am and have known for over three months.

My due date is April 30th, which means I'm 16 weeks pregnant, which also means when this little one arrives I will have a 2 year old, a 141/2 month old, and a newborn. Three under three!

Obviously not an expected pregnancy (far from it I should say) and a HUGE shocker to both Trev and I when we found out.

My thoughts... I want to be honest but am afraid of sounding ungrateful for this sweet one on his/her way. The truth is I've had a hard time accepting the idea of being pregnant. Do I want another child, ofcourse! Will I love this little one as much as a I do my two sons, there is not doubt in my mind. I'm just not sure I'm ready quite yet. I'm worried about my boys having to share mom with another sibling so fast when they will both still be so young and unable to understand completely. I'm worried about my sanity in taking care of three under the age of three and dividing my time between them. I'm worried about Trev and the pressure on his shoulders of providing for a family of five. Baby number three means pulling out the maternity clothes I just put away 6 months ago, it means buying a car to fit three car seats, getting an apartment big enough for five, and buying/changing diapers for three (Jonny better be potty trained by April). My thoughts are obviously everywhere!

In the midst of a lot of anxiety and feeling a bit overwhelmed, I have to say this. There have been moments during this pregnancy of peace, graitiude, and  an eternal perspective. I am daily reminded of how much I love my children and am in awe at the amount of love a mother can have for her own. I am grateful the Lord is sending another one of His to us to love just as deeply and selflessly as I do my first two.
I have felt peace in knowing that the Lord is beside me in this difficult (yet rewarding) task of being a mother. That I am not alone. And I can seek for strength beyond my own to love and care for these three little ones.
I have also had a reoccuring thought that maybe I will look back and be grateful I had my first three so close together and have secretly assumed that they will be the best of friends and rely on one another as they grow up. These moments of reaussurance I know come from a loving Father who has confidence in me and sees things eternally.

I've shared too much!  We find out next month if he or she is a him or her. I'm excited. I'm feeling great, eating and exercising tons, and feeling the "baby flutters" in my tummy. The boys and I fly to California this week to spend some time with my family where Trev will join us for Thanksgiving in a couple weeks. I am looking forward to it!

23 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow, Michelle. That is great. I can imagine how you feel though. And I don't care how happy you are to be pregnant, pulling out the maternity clothes is not very fun! I wish you the best, and am glad you shared with us your feelings. You will be awesome. If it helps, my bro & SIL have four under 4... and they're still alive.

Steph B. said...

Wow! Congratulations! So excited for you! My sis has three 3 and under like that. Yes it keeps her busy but I know she loves them to pieces! Hey...would love to get together again sometime!:)

Stef Kelly said...

Michelle...I'm sooo excited for you! That is so exciting. And can I just say, I totally know how you are feeling?!? I felt the exact same way when I found out I was pregnant with Carson, then with Audree. It is hard, but well very rewarding. I got a bit teary eyed as I read your post because all of those emotions came flooding back to me. Even now that Audree is here, I'm still worried that I'm doing it ok. But like you said, the Lord is always by our side. I needed to read your post today to help me feel appreciative for being able to have children. You are always so inspiring to me. Thank you for that! Good luck in the future....You will be GREAT!

~Wyatt~Brittney~Brecken~Oliver~ said...

CONGRATS! I am in SHOCK! I can't believe you didn't tell me the last time we talked. I love you and know that if anyone can do this, YOU can. You are a great mom! I am praying for you!

Rachael said...

Though I'm not married nor have children, I am sure this is a test of faith, though a rewarding experience for you. Just remember that God is aware of you and will definitely be watching out for you as you are one of his chosen mothers here on earth to rear the spirit children that are sent to you to raise. Congratulations!

Heidi M. said...

You are amazing. I've said before, but this just seals it. You have a fantastic outlook on life and its challenges. Thanks for reminding me of my eternal perspective on motherhood! I'm excited to have you close by for this pregnancy! I love you!

Katherine said...

Michelle, I LOVE you! You are an amazing person, I have always known that! I am excited for you both! I really think the world needs more Nielsens!!

Peter and Amber said...

Congratulations!! I'm sure it will be a lot to manage but you can do it! :-)

Linford Family said...

Wow that's going to be fun! Congratulations guys!

Ashley Wray said...

Congrats! You are amazing and will do great, but being a mother (no matter how many you have) can certainly feel overwhelming at times. How fun to be adding to your sweet little family though!
And your "Daily recap" post a few posts ago made me smile. I have days like that, right down to the too much cartoon watching and then feeling guilty, putting the kids to bed early and candy bar included!
And yes, that picture was of Megi Jones. She is one of my closest friends here in Burley. We were just talking about your sister Emily a few days ago actually, small world!

Wendy said...

Yeah for you! I mean kind of humbling but at the same time(this is so cliche) what a blessing for you and your little family. I can only dream about what it would be like to have a little one, or two, or three! You'll do well, you'll be equal to the task. Heavenly Father loves you and will help you. ALL THE BEST!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! That's crazy but so so so exciting. I love your attitude....I wish there were more mothers out there with that kind of half-full mentality.

Jill Manning said...

Michelle, you have always been and continue to be a huge inspiration to me. You have a very realistic but optimistic perspective on this and will be a great mommy of three under three because of it! I'm so glad that news is out and hopefully having the secret out will help to ease any anxiety you may have had. Congrats and I can't wait to hear if "it" is a he or a she!!

I am MommaCat said...

Congratulations to you all! Yes, busy times will be ahead for your, but just remember to take it one day at a time :)

ashley said...

Michelle....gosh I wish you could come on over so that I could get the whole scoop on the shocked side of the story. I'm sure that must have felt overwhelming. But wow, you are a great mommy and a wonderful wife. You will do just fine. But the shock of that news must have been a little heavy at first. I wish you still lived right next door so that we could freak out about it, joke about it and then let reality sink in and know that everything would be okay. Michelle, let me know how it goes....and then maybe we'll consider!! ;) Miss you guys!

Kellen and Erin said...

What inspiring, special thoughts. I'm glad you shared! Well Congratulations!!! Kellen got to see Trevor this weekend and he told me I needed to look at your blog. Ya, apparently! Well we are so happy for you, and I can imagine all the feelings your feeling, and I'm thinkin of ya. Let us know when you need a break from it all and want to visit us in seattle ;). Love you!

Becky Smith said...

I am a little shocked! But honestly you can do it! You are an amazing person and you are a super mommy so I am sure you will do great having three under three! Plus your kids will grow up being the best of friends! I can't believe that you will have your THIRD child before I deliver my second! Wow way to go!

Stephanie Johnson said...

If anyone can handle a chanllenge it is you Michelle! You can do anything, I've always admired that about you. Keep us all updated. Congrats. I sure love you.

Karen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen said...

WOW! our due dates are only 4 days apart. Congrats...I know the feeling! Even though this is only #2 for us, it wasn't exactly expected (though not really prevented either, so I can't complain too much). It took too long for Rees to get here, so we put it in the Lords hands this time. I am glad you are feeling good, it's been rough for me...but enough about me...YOU! I will be excited to find out what you are having...when is your ultrasound date? Mine is Dec 14. You will be a great mom of 3...and I am sure in the long run you will be grateful to have them so close together. They WILL be the best of friends.

Bart and Michelle said...

Yay! Thanks for the invite! Now we can REALLY keep in touch! ;) Congrats again! You seem like such a great mom and I'm sure will be just fine with 3 close in age. Hang in there! :)

Ainsley said...

congrats michelle! i agree with whoever said,
'the world needs more nielsen's'. if anyone can do it, you can!!! good luck.

My Boys, Life's Joys said...

Ok, I am so slow. I'm just seeing this post for the first time. Wow. So exciting, but yes, scary at the same time. With my pregnancies being so hard, I battle with the question: do I have all my kids right in a row real quick? Bam, bam, bam, they're all here? Or do I enjoy being small and wearing jeans without an elastic waistband for a few years in-between kids? You'll have to let me know how this goes for you, haha.

Whenever they decide to come, and no matter how many challenges they bring with them, I know we both agree that having your own child is the best thing in the world. The intensity of the love you feel for them is just indescribable and irreplaceable. Good luck Michelle, I know you'll do great! And of course CONGRATULATIONS Mommy!