Monday, October 12, 2009

Today's Recap

Hard Day!
Failed as a mom today.
Lost my patience too many times to count.
Changed at least 6 poopy diapers before nap time this afternoon (It's been 3 weeks of diahrrea for Jonny-heading to the doctor tomorrow AGAIN to figure out what's going on)
Then cleaned up a bathtub of poopy water
Let Jonny watch too many cartoons this afternoon and afterwards felt guilty about it.
Lots of whining and tantrum throwing
Dinner Menu: Macaroni and Cheese
Kids went to bed early (for my sanity)
Had a sobbing moment
Currently sitting in bed eating a kit kat.

Tomorrow can only get better, right?

5 comments:

Karen said...

Well, if it makes you feel better I have the TV on all day long for my sanity. Cartoons are on all morning long. :) We all have bad days though...I hope that today is better for you!

Unknown said...

I am sorry that you had a hard day but that does NOT mean you failed as a mother!!! A mac and cheese dinner is never going to kill your sons and tv isn't the end of the world! You are an amazing mother!!!! I hope your poop troubles decrease though...

Tracy Haws said...

I too am really sorry you're having a "crappy" day...I couldn't resist. ;) I really do feel for you though, diarhea is the worst and it just makes their little bums so tender and sore. I wish I lived closer so I could come give you a break and a chance for a nap. Hang in there. You're a GREAT mom and don't let Satan make you think otherwise...Love you Shell!

Becky Smith said...

Yeah I can read your blog again! I am sorry you had a rough day and I know how you feel! You are a wonderful mother and should not feel guilty for being human! A little tv is not going to hurt your boys and as for Mac and cheese some children LIVE on that! You are super and don't you forget it!

On a side note where are you guys? What are you up to?

Shannon said...

Kit Kats are the best! A Mr. Goodbar or a pint of Ice Cream is great too. Well, if I must be honest, I love to eat fried chicken and rich cheesecake when I have one of those days.

Hope Jonny's Poop Problem gets better! What was up with that?