Saturday, October 3, 2009

Stats Are In


JONNY (2 years and 2 months)
33 lbs (93rd percentile)
34 inches long (54th percentile)

Talks in (almost) complete sentences.

Jumps around more than Tigger. The other day he jumped off of his changing table/dresser. He hurt his feet doing it but wanted to try again. Mom said, "NO!"

Likes to walk backwards and sideways.

Wants nothing to do with the potty right now. I think partly because he is terrified of his own poop.

Obsessed with basketball. He has a jump shot, his own style of a layup, and says, "swish" when he hits nothing but net.

Loves playing Tickle Monster and being thrown around like a rag doll by Daddy.

Gets scared easily. The other night I made some shadow finger puppets on the wall with a falshlight. Jonny was so scared he was shaking in my lap. He's also terrified of Trevor's bare feet. Trev will scoot his foot closer and closer to Jonny who screams and runs in complete terror.

Knows his ABC's, colors, numbers 1-10, and shapes. He is loving his new puzzle of all 50 states. His favorite state right now is Wyoming. (Not sure why)

Likes to cuddle with mom, dad and Zach. He is such a sweet little boy. Says sorry a lot when he thinks he has done something wrong. Likes to hold my hand in the car. On Sunday when I got up to give a talk in Sacrament meeting, Jonny in a loud voice said, "Hi mommy." Then turned to Trev and said, "Mommy pretty!"

I love my sweet little two year old. Whenever I'm in a moment of frustration and about to lose my patience, he always says or does the cutest thing that warms my heart and makes me feel like he can do no wrong. Love you little man!


ZACH (8 months)
19 lbs (not sure the percentile, but I know he's a chub)
24 inches

Scoots around on his belly using his toes and arms like it's nobody's business.

Babbles and screams and quacks like a duck a lot.

He is a busy body. The boy does not know how to sit still, especially during sacrament meeting. His arms and legs never stop moving!

Loves playing with empty water bottles, splashing in the bathtub, and playing underneath mom and dad's bed sheets.

Lately he screams if someone besides mom and dad look at him too closely. By the terror in his screams you'd think he was being kidnapped. I think he is getting very used to being around just mom, dad, and brother. Everyone else is a threat to him. (Hope this changes)

Still takes three naps during the day. Bedtime is 7 and, he wakes up around 7 in the morning. Likes to have a warm bottle and lay in bed by mom at around midnight every night. I don't mind one bit!

Zach brings such much joy to our family. He is nothing but smiles and giigles (and occasionally screams) We love him and getting to know his funny personality more each day. Love you little Zachy!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Oh my word, this made me laugh! Your kiddos are so precious. Miss yall, hope AZ is treating you nice!

Sarah said...

Gotta love those naps. Your little boys sound so sweet and so fun. I am glad you enjoy them.

Halsey said...

Aw, your boys are so cute. I love Jonny's terrors. So funny!