I'm a little behind. Here is a recap of our Fourth of July Fun: (Sorry for the lack of pictures of Trev and Zach. I guess Trev ended up on photography duty and Zach slept through half of the day's events. Woops!) I attempted my first (of many I'm hoping) races and ran the Liberty 5k Run. Even though it was only 3.1 miles I felt so proud of myself for running the entire race and actually did not feel embarrassed about my time. My close friend, Shannon and I before the race

Had to post this pic. It captures Shannon's personality perfectly

Finishing the race

After shot. (Hopefully I look this happy after the 10 k in three weeks)

After the race (and a much needed cold shower) we headed over to Main Street to watch the Parade. Jonny lasted about 10 minutes and then made his way over to the Park to play.

Heading over to the park

Little goober

We spent some time at the Splash Park and rode the Carousel a few times.

Went home and pulled the matress out in the front room to watch a movie as a family. Again, Jonny lasted about ten mimnutes and ended up entertaining himself by doing this.

After a needed nap we hung out with some of our neighbors eating dinner, lighting fireworks, and enjoying eachother's company. Here is Elli and Jonny stomping on snappers

Zach and Brooklyn

Watching fireworks

One of many sparklers that Jonny lit

Around 9:30 in the evening we decided to make the drive down to Idaho Falls to watch the firework show. It was amazing, the best I've ever seen. Here's a video of Jonny and his cute friend, Brooke, sitting on the hood of a car watching the fireworks together. (It's a little dark but if you watch closely you can see Brooke lean over and give Jonny a hug and a kiss)
We finished our Fourth of July Fun by 11:00pm. It was such a great day! I have realized recently how much more enjoyable the Holidays are because of our sweet children. The whole celebration seems to focus around them having fun. And nothing makes me more happy or makes a holiday more rewarding than watching my children happy. I love my little family!
6 comments:
wow congratulations shelly! you look great!
I am loving that your running! You look so great! I feel like everyone is running these days. . .except of course ME!
Oh, I love our little kids! How sweet!
Way to run! Running definitely gets me in the best shape I've ever been in. Reading your posts and seeing your pictures gets me SOOOOOOO excited to have a little boy!! You're a great mom.
I am just now seeing your running pics. YAY!!!! I'm so happy for you. Can't wait to run that 10k with you in a couple of weeks.
And gosh, that video was the cutest thing ever. It made me sad that we didn't drive to see a better fireworks show. That was really great!
Congrats on the race; you look great! You will do great on your 10K! Also, if you can run a 10K, you can run 9miles and if you can run 9 miles you can run 13.1 miles!!! Let me know how it goes!
Post a Comment