Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Sewing Attempt
For Christmas my parents bought me a sewing machine. Embarrassed to admit it but I do not know the slightest bit about sewing. I did make a quilt in Highschool but give my mom full credit for the end prodct. I also enrolled in a sewing 101 class in college but dropped it after the first two weeks, because I found myself wanting to curse at the machine by the end of every class period.
Well, I now feel determined to learn and perhaps learn a bit of patience in the process. Here is my first real attempt at sewing. (I had to watch the instruction video of how to thread the machine atleast four times before I got it right.)
Curtains for the boy's bedroom

I also put together this picture holder thing and painted these shelves. And here's a picture of Jonny'd crib and bedding set that I love.


We do have pictures of Zach in the room along with the porta crib set up for him to sleep in. Right now he sleeps in a bassinet in the hallway. Eventually we'll get him in the room with Jonny, once he sleeps a little better through the night. I'm hoping that day comes sooner than later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I love your cutians!! I see the monkeys through the window some days and I always think it was such a cute idea! I think you are amazing!!
Good job! I think they look great! Maybe you could teach me to sew too:) And I loved your birth story... those are so fun to read.
how dang cute! I LOVE it! I wish we would have done crafty things together. . .no more time. . . tears
Cute! Cute! Cute! Cute! CUTE!
Way to go first-timer! Something about parents' and sewing machines. Got mine from them two years ago....I still haven't figured out how to thread the machine! j/k we should sew together!!!! Curtains look awesome btw.
Way to go! I'm sewing challenged myself, so I'm very impressed! Love all the pics of your cute family on your previous post. And your birth story, those are always interesting! Dr. Allred delivered Rylee and I loved him as well! Glad everything went smoothly!
Post a Comment