Friday, March 6, 2009
Blog Guilt
I have attempted to finish this post a dozen times but am always interrupted by a feeling of guilt that I should be doing a million other things instead of sitting at the computer. Since this post has been added to over a series of several weeks it's become a little lengthy. I apologize and will not be offended if you skip the words and enjoy the pictures.




BIRTH STORY!
So here it is, the labor details 2 months later (I'm already beginning to forget so I thought I'd better write the details down before it all seems a blur!)Four days before my due date I headed to the doctor for a check up, hoping secretly that he'd tell me I was in labor and send me to the hospital. Turns out I was dialated to a 4. So Dr. Allred stripped my membranes and assured me that he'd see me at the Hospital soon. That afternoon I spent much of my time running around the house and booking it up and down the bleacher stairs in the Hart Audtitorium trying to start the labor. Not a single contraction. I felt a little discouraged (and exhausted). That night contractions started and my hopes were up. I decided to wait until they were unbearable (and let Trevor get some sleep befor we really needed to go to the Hospital). Three hours later, they stopped! Grrr... I was so upset! The next day I headed back to the Doctor's office and discovered that I was now dialated to a five. Why wouldn't my body just go into labor? After doing a stress test on the baby and discovering everything was fine, Dr. Allred came in to the room and said, "You know what, let's just go up to the Hospital and have this baby!" I could have kissed him we were so excited.
Side note: I guess the Hospital has a policy that unless there is a concern for the baby they do not induce women before their due date. Because I was still two days away from the due date Dr. Allred said he had to lie and tell them I was over my due date and he was concerned about the baby. Do I feel guilty that my labor story involves a few lies... not one bit!
We arrived at the Hospital at 4:30 pm, Dr. Allred broke my water, and by 5:00 my contractions were a minute apart and coming on really strong. I was so relieved I did not have to be induced. I really wanted my body to naturally go in to labor. I waited till I was dialated to a seven to get the epidural, which completely numbed my left side and had no effect on my right side. About an hour later, and some readjusting of the epidural it kicked in on both sides. Hallelujiah! When I was at a nine the nurse came in and had me push through a contraction. The baby's head was visible so she called Dr. Allred in and 2 contractions later, Zachary was born. He arrived at 9:30 pm and we fell in love with him immediately. It really was a wonderful experience and I am so grateful to have my little boy here safe and healthy.
WE ARE SURVIVING SUNDAYS!
Like I've mentioned before, I've been nervous about handling two kids for three hours of church by myself. I wanted to remember my first Sunday with the boys and me at Church. It couldn't have gone better. The Lord answered my prayers in many ways. One of my sweet neighbors asked if she and her family could sit by me during sacrament meeting in case I needed to take one of the boys out. She was so helpful. The nursery sisters stepped right in to help with Jonny who clunged to me screaming for dear life as I tried to drop him off at nursery. I was so gratfeul. After already being in meetings all day long, Trevor drove straight from his Single's ward responsibilties over to the Church to see how I was doing. He took Zach during Priesthood and I was able to enjoy the Relief Society meeting with no distractions. It was the spiritual uplift that I needed. I am so aware that the Lord answers our prayers through others. I hope most Sunadays go this smoothly!

MY WONDERFUL MOM!
My mom came and stayed with us the first week Zach was here. Life seemed to run so smoothly while she was here and I have missed her ever since. I don't think I washed a single dish, folded one item of clothing, and I took a two hour nap every day. Not only did she cook all our meals but she spent an entire day preparing frozen dinners for us for the following weeks to come. Jonny fell in love with his Grandma and for several days after she left would wake up in the morning and ask, "Where's Mama (Grandma)?" I am so grateful for my mom.





BLESSING DAY!
The Sunday before last we blessed Zachary. It was so wonderful to have both Trev and My parents here with us and to have both Grandpas participate in the blessing. Zach wore the same outfit that Jonny wore on his blessing day which ended up being big on him (Jonny was a little bit chunkier) and he was a perfect angel all day. We were so grateful to those who came to hear the blessing. Thank you Kusch's for being so supportive of my little family (for the umpteenth time). Thank you Checketts and Dudley's for your consistent friendship that I can always rely on. We love you! Thank you Mom and Dad Nielsen and Beesley for making the sacrifice to be with us on this important day of our family's life.


GREATEST JOY!
There is nothing more sweet than seeing my two boys interact with each other. My roudy and rough little Jonny is so gentle with his brother, Zach, and wants to hug and kiss him all the time. Besides the occasional headbut or flying book/ball thrown at Zach, life with my two sweet boys is wonderful and I am enjoying being a mom more than ever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Adorable family! We miss you guys!!! I love how you hate waiting for baby to come too! I hope I'm a little more patient with this one!!!!
Tara
So cute!!!! I see a lot of Johnny in him. He is so handsome! How is having 2 kids?
Oh Michelle, you have such an adorable family! The boys are so cute and I am so glad you were able to get through your first church meeting with them both! :-)
I just have to say that your two boys are so darn cute! You are one blessed family!:)
cute little blonde boys! I am glad you got some more pictures up here.
you seriously have the cutest little boys. Glad things are going well. Good luck with two little ones.
I am so glad we got to be there. WE wouldn't have missed it. We love you guys!
How precious he is! And I don't think it's common for the big brother to take such an interest in him right away. It's too cute. I haven't seen you in years - I'm so excited to meet your boys the day of Danny's homecoming!
Oh Zach is just too precious! And Johnny is just so cute with him; cute boys!
I love your cute little family!! It was awesome to be up there and to get to see your cute mom and dad too! I'll be up again soon! I'd LOVE to see you guys!
Love ya!
Tami
Post a Comment