Tuesday, February 10, 2009

No, He's Not Here Yet!

Since most of my conversations with family and friends lately are prefaced with this statement, I thought I'd blog about it. This little boy just won't come out! These last few weeks have drug on longer than the entire 8 months prior. I think my belly size has doubled in size withint the last 3 weeks. Here's the picture to prove it! I have honestly tried everything to naturally induce my body... but with no results. The other day I pulled out my pilates mat and videos and attempted the exercises. It was pathetic. Jonny was more successful at completing the workout than I was. I now empathize with all you women who carry your babies full term. I was obviously spoiled with my first pregnancy. Tomorrow I have an appointment and we will discuss plans for this baby's arrival if he doesn't come this week. Since time seems to be on my side (and we still have not decided on a name for this little guy) I thought I'd ask for your opinions. We've been throwing around names for months and these are a few we've considered. Let me know what you think! Zachary (Zach) Clint Ethan Russell (Russ) We've already decided on a middle name which comes from Trev's ancestors. We'll let you know when he finally arrives.

14 comments:

~Wyatt~Brittney~Brecken~Oliver~ said...

I like Zachary. . . I tried to come see that belly on my own today. . . both cars were there, and I opened the door but saw no one. . .

Becky Smith said...

Hey hang in there this too shall pass! Oh and I really like the name russell (russ). My older bros name is russ and he is the best big bro ever! Oh and the funny thing is that my oldest brothers name is John and Russell is my parents second child! Too funny!

Tamara said...

I adore Russell....such a cute name...Russ....ahhhhh, it goes well w/ Jonny, too. I can't even begin to imagine the craziness you are feeling these days. I hope it gets better soon. ♥ ya!

Peter and Amber said...

Good luck! By the way...you still look great!

And for the record, I like Zachary and Ethan.

Amber

Amanda said...

I vote for Zach. It's a good solid name.

Good luck with everything. I know how it feels to not have your baby before the due date. Not fun!

Michelle said...

We just recently discovered your blog- you look great!! Good luck with your new litle boy :) (And having had a 9-pounder a week late, I feel your pain)

Karen said...

I like the name ZACH and ETHAN. Good luck with this last week. Hopefully if it doesn't come this week, they'll take it early next week. I only made it to 38 weeks with Rees and it was torture!
You look great though!

Jen said...

LOVE the names! I am no help! I love them all! :) It's so hard. I don't know what it feels like to go full-term either. kennedy was born at 37 weeks and Ellis came at 36, so I am guessing with my next baby I will have to go full-term just to know what others go through! :) What can I do to help? ANd YES, I would LOVe to hang out with a very pregnant girl! :) I want to come and see you at the hospital! If you think of it, call me to let me know when he finally comes!

Rachelle said...

I felt the same way with Garrett. I was HOT and miserable and felt like I would be pregnant forever! Ask the dr to strip your membranes and eat pineapple. That is what finally did it for me! The last few weeks really do suck!
PS - I LOVE the name Ethan...always have!

Elicia said...

I really like Zachary too! Good luck with everything!! You'll both be in my prayers.

Amy said...

My baby came 6 days 'late' (I say, she came on time!) I wish I would have enjoyed those last six peaceful nights of sleep more. It is hard to wait! Don't worry, he'll be here before you know it. I know the feeling though of each day seeming like eternity!

I think my fav name is Ethan.

Sarah said...

I like all the names... btw, you look really good! What a nice picture. So, I was thinking if your middle name started with an "M" and you went with Russel, you'd have Russell M. Nielsen. (spelled diff. of course) But. I think I like Zachary the best. Best of luck!

Heidi M. said...

Michelle, you saved me a phone call to make sure I hadn't missed any news! All my babies were full term or over so I sympathize BIG time! You look great! I'm amazed. I like Zachary, but I want to put a vote in for Jacob, too! Sometimes you just have to see him first! Good luck!

Kellen and Erin said...

I've always loved Zachary-even when you were thinking about it for Jonny. I also love Ethan. Those are my fav:) Hang in there!