Monday, February 2, 2009

Back In the Blog World!

It's about time, right? If you haven't given up on us by now... Here's a quck update: Christmas Recap! We spent the Holiday break in San Jose, California and were spoiled more than we deserved. My parent's surprised us with a gettaway trip to Monterey where Trev and I spent two days walking along the beach, eating clam chowder, and visitting the Monterey Bay Aquarium. It was our first time away from Jonny overnight. I was a pansy and cried (twice. Poor Trevor) but found out that Jonny did not miss Mom and Dad one bit while we were away. We also have a brand new desktop computer (Thank you Mom and Dad Nielsen) that is so wonderful adn which we've enjoyed using the built in camera to skype with family far away. Christmas was wonderful! My Birthday Breakfast, (Every Christmas Eve morning my parents treat me to breakfast for my Birthday. Reality hit this last Birthday that I'm really getting old!) Elmo Live! Jonny's favorite Christmas present. Elmo sings, dances, tells stories, and blows kisses. Jonny Joins Nursery! Since the beginning of the year Jonny and I have been attending a married student ward together while Trev is busy with his calling in the Single's Ward. These first few weeks have been difficult (to put it lightly). Having to hold and entertain a 17 month old for three hours by myself while being 8 months pregnant has caused some Sunday tears. I am so happy that my little boy is loving Nursery and I'm actually able to focus on the lessons being taught. I'm trying to enjoy these few weeks till baby #2 comes along and my hands are full for the three hour block once again. The ward is wonderful and I'm enjoying being a part of a Relief Society full of wives and moms. Jonny drinking melted ice cream from a carton pulled out of the trash. We sure do love our mischevious little guy! Anticipating the Arrival! Two weeks left and I am so anxious for baby brother to join our family. Because we were spoiled with Jonny's labor starting almost three weeks befor his duedate I've been hoping/expecting his little brother to follow in his footsteps. I've been running and jumping around the house, taking frequent trips to the Hart Gym on campus, and doing everything possible to induce this labor naturally. It's not working. I guess I will have to wait until he is ready to come. We are so excited to meet him. Any suggestions on what we should name him? We're stumped! This is the most recent picture I have of my growing belly. Not the best profile shot. Our camera battery is dead and we can't locate the battery charger. I'm 36 weeks along in this picture. I promise not to be so negligent with updating my blog. Thanks for not giving up on me. More posts to come, I promise!

20 comments:

Jen said...

Yay! I just decided to take a stab and see if maybe, just maybe there was a new post...not that I didn't love seeing Jonny's costume, but I have been DYING to know what is going on with you. Is it not sad that I can look out my living room window and see the roof of your house? How come we haven't seen each other? How are you feeling? I WANT TO SEE you and I WANT TO help you when this new baby gets here. as for names...have you thought about Nicholas? I sure love mine! :) I am sure you guys will come up with a great, strong name! Really, I want to see you and I really want to help! Is your mom coming?

Karen said...

Welcome back! It's so fun to hear about your life. I am excited for your new little one to come (probably not as excited as you are not to be pregnant anymore though:)). I'll be keeping tabs on your blog, waiting to see pictures of your new baby.
It was fun to see you guys before you left for San Jose. Come again!

Amy said...

I do enjoy your blog so I'm glad you are back. No fair you were in Monterey! That's where we are. We could have met up. Well, maybe not becausse we went to OR over Christimas, but STILL that is so cool. I LOVE it here and am really sad that we are moving soon. I know what you mean about having tears at church with a little one! Congrats on Jonny going to nursery. What a relief. I'm glad you are doing well! My blog is private so if you want to see it you can email me at amylrondeau@gmail.com or vist my public blog ConfessionsOfaStay-at-home-mom.blogspot.com

Glad you are doing well.

Becky Smith said...

Hey Michelle! It is about time I have honestly been getting concerned! I am so happy to hear that all is well. Good luck with baby number 2 I can't believe you are already about to have another baby! As for a name I personally like Jacob, Kaden, as well as Nathan and Andy. Ok those are not very ingenious but those are the ones I like. Good luck and keep up the posting you were greatly missed.

The Goldthorpe Family said...

I'm glad to see that you guy's are still alive and well! That's so exciting that you're having another baby! I bet that church is kind of stressful being by yourself. It's nice that Jonny's is in Nursery now. Sorry, I don't have any boy name suggestions. Eric and I can't agree on any so we won't even discuss it until a baby boy is on the way :)

Peter and Amber said...

Hi Michelle, it was great seeing you at church over Christmas! You look beautiful pregnant, but I'm sure you are ready to have the little one! Good luck and I hope all is well! Talk to you soon.

Sarah said...

Yay- I have been worried about you. I am so glad that you are alright. I wish you the best in the next few weeks. You are so cute!!! I know what you mean about enjoying and paying attention to church. Can't wait to see pics of your new guy.

Ashley Wray said...

Glad you guys are alive and well! You are seriously an adorable little prego lady! Sound like you have been busy and having fun! Hoora y for nursery is all I can say! As far as names, I loved Hudson and Sawyer until we found oyt we were having another girl, good luck!

I am MommaCat said...

Glad to here that things are going great. You look amazing pregnant on the last pic and love Jonny's finger in the nose...what a cutie pie! Best of luck with the labor and delivery of baby boy #2. As far as names, I've got my 3 boys, Nathan, Logan & Jacob (hehe) I liked other names like....Corban, Kade, Aidan & Blake.

Anna said...

You're almost DONE! (with pregnancy) Hooray! I'm glad you're doing well and that you had a good holiday. :)

Stephanie Johnson said...

Michelle, I'm so excited for you. Your family is adorable.

~Wyatt~Brittney~Brecken~Oliver~ said...

Good! I love checking your blog! I am excited to see more! I can't wait for baby brother either!

Steph B. said...

It is great to hear how wonderful everything is going for you guys. I wish you all the best with the upcoming arrival of your baby! :)

Tamara said...

YEAH...you finally got around to posting a few more RECENT pics! You are so adorable and I've really missed seeing updates. I've meant to call ZILLIONS of times, but I have failed miserably at actually Doing so....perdomane, hermanita...¡PERDONAME!

TE QUIERO UN MONTON, Y QUIERO QUE SEPAS CUANTO TE ADORO Y CUANTO TE AMO, RELAMENTE. SIEMPRE ESTAS EN MI CORAZON....DILE A TREVOR HOLA, Y LE MANDO UN BESITO A LOS DOS HIJOS!!! :)

Seth said...

Welcome back! It's great to see you, you look great! Good luck with the new baby, can't wait to see pictures.

. said...

glad you are back!

Kellen and Erin said...

Wahoo! Welcome back! I was thinking about calling you lately and making sure some catastrophe hadn't occurred or something. Glad you guys are doing good.

Elicia said...

Welcome back! Glad to hear that Christmas was good and that you're close to having your second little one in your arms. Good luck with everything! You'll be in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

You are quite possibly the cutest pregnant woman I have ever seen!

My Boys, Life's Joys said...

Ok, it is seriously not fair how cute and petite you look pregnant. The picture above of you "double the size"? Ok, again, seriously...NOT FAIR. I have now gained over 50 pounds with my pregnancy, TOTALLY unexpected, and I am feeling it everywhere. It doesn't all reside in my huge belly unfortunately. Oh well, I'm sure it will shrink back down with some work after he comes. But I'm really am jealous of you.