Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Scary Bathroon Moment

This morning around seven, Jonny decided to take a trip to the upstairs bathroom and shut the door behind him. He's done this before and usually I open the door and pull him out before disaster hits. This time when I attempted to open the door it only budged about half an inch. Jonny had pulled open a drawer that if all the way open does not allow us to open the door. I started talking to my son trying to convince him to close the drawer so mommy could come in. Through the crack in the door I watched as Jonny shuffled through the drawer and chose to take out Trevor's razor. After that he walked away from the drawer and I couldn't see him. Panic hit and I yelled to Trev to come help me. For the next five minutes or so, Trevor and I tried everything to pry the door open, the whole time coercing Jonny into closing the drawer. I kept waiting to hear a cry and pictured my little boy sticking the razor in his mouth and cutting up his tongue. After a prayer and long minutes of panic Jonny shut the drawer and we were able to get in. He had dettached the razor head and was holding it in his hand. No cuts or blood. I thought it a miracle (answered prayer) that he didn't hurt himself at all. SCARY!

8 comments:

Ashley Wray said...

Yikes! That is scary! So glad that he is ok! Rylee has done the whole dramwer blocking the bathroom door thing, but never got into a razor! But most of the time it's like they zero in on the most dangerous thing in the room and go for it!

Emily said...

Kids are so smart, huh? I am glad your story has a happy ending. Now it will always be a good story you can tell him when he is bigger.

Tamara said...

Prayer is AMAZING! I guess you are going to hide all sharp objects now, right? I'm glad it wasn't a horror story!

I am MommaCat said...

Oh, how scary! You poor thing...I know how you felt. I have been in scary situations with my boys a few times. I'm so glad to hear that everything turned out OK.

Jen said...

Oh my gosh! I am SO GLAD he's okay!

. said...

razors are scary. it makes me cringe just thinking about one in Johnny's chubby hand. Thank goodness he was ok.

Peter and Amber said...

How scary! Glad he's ok!

Kellen and Erin said...

Oh wow! That's awful. I'm glad your prayers were answered!