
This past weekend our family had an experience that has drained us physically and emotionally. Friday afternoon, Jonny and I were lying on the couch together. He had fallen asleep on my lap (which is very unusual) I had decided to just let him take a little snooze on me. A few minutes into the nap Jonny looked up at me, I saw his eyes roll back, and he started to convulse. I called 911, paramedics came, and tried to get the ceizures under control. After several attempts we made our way to the hopsital where Jonny spent the next 24 hours in Intensive Care. He had multiple ceisures which we think were brought on by an extremely high fever. We will know more once more tests have been taken. Without going in to detail, know that he is fine right now. We're back home and thankful that our little boy is doing better. Through this terrifying experience, I have realized how much the Lord blessed us as a family. I wanted to share...
Blessing #1: I believe the Spirit prompted me to not put Jonny up in his crib once he had fallen asleep on me. (If ever he starts to doze off on me I usually immediately put him to bed because I know he'll sleep better there) I'm so grateful for the prompting from the Holy Ghost to let him stay with me. I can't imagine how much worse things could have gone if I hadn't seen and been able to immediately respond to his ceizure.
Blessing #2: While waiting for the ambulance to arrive, with Jonny in my arms, I started knocking on neighbors doors trying to find a Priesthood Brother who could give my son a blessing. One of my neighbor's husband was home and 5 minutes in to the ceisure he was there annointing Jonny's head and blessing him through the power of God. HUGE BLESSING!
Blessing #3: A kind officer, with only the information of my husband's name, tracked Trevor down, interrupted his class on campus, and informed him of what was going on. Trevor arrived at the Hospital only 5-10 minutes after we did. I am gratefull for that officer.
Blessing #4: The ceizures eventually stopped and Jonny was able to breathe on his own.
Blessing #5: This happened at a time when Trevor was able to be with us without having to worry about other responsibilities. He is SO busy this semester and I honestly have not seen him much this first week of school. I'm grateful that he was with us and played the role perfectly of the calm parent through it all. We all know I was a mess and probably will be for a while.
Blessing #6: Jonny's pediatrician was available and was able to care for Jonny personally. He made the decisions of what should be done and was patient with Trevor and I as we asked tons of questions and needed the reassurance that all would be ok. I was impressed and grateful for him.
BLessing #7: When we returned home from the Hospital Saturday evening, dinner was waiting for us. Also, our neighbors let us borrow their video monintor so we could listen and watch Jonny while he slept through the night.
Blessing #8: Jonny is recovering so well. His balance is still off and he is having to readjust to walking. Eating seems a little difficult for him as well, but considering all he's been through he is doing so well. We have faith that he will soon be back to his spunky little self.
We are so grateful for a Father in Heaven who is aware of us and knows our needs. And even in the midst of confusion and panic He comforts and blesses us in simple ways.
19 comments:
Oh Michelle, I'm so glad things are better. I can't imagine even going through something like that. You are an amazing woman, being able to recognize your blessings in a time of adversity. We'll keep Jonny in our prayers so that he can keep recovering quickly.
Please please please let us know if we can do anything, you have been in our prayers! we love you guys!
Oh my! I'm glad he is doing better and I'll definitely keep you and your family in my prayers! Heavenly Father really does watch over each and every one of us! And I really admire your ability to count your blessings during this time!
Hey! This is Dustin and Chiara McIntire...Trevor's old roommate? haha, hope you remember us and that its ok we ran across your blog. Your little boy is so cute and we are so glad he is doing better! I can't imagine what that would be like. He will be in our prayers!
gosh, i am so sorry. your strength amazes me. my mom went through the same thing with my little brother not too long ago and i know what a struggling situation it is. so glad that your little boy is doing good.
I can't imagine how scary that would be. He will be in our prayers
I am so glad he is doing better I am so sory I haven't called you back your number got deleted so could you call me back.
Michelle! I was in tears resding this post. We will call you asap.glad to hear he is doing better.
I like everyone else am SO glad Johnny and you are doing better. We are all here for support and you will continue to be in our prayers please keep us updated!
I'm so sorry that happened to little Jonny. We are praying and thinking of you! I have a sister who has had problems with seizures for the past few years and it is a scary thing. But aren't we glad for the blessings the Lord sends our way amidst trials!
Wow Michelle. What a trial, and you are so good to be able to see the blessings through the rain. You always did do that. What an inspiration you are. Take care.
Michelle and Trevor:
We are glad to hear Johnny is alright after all that happened. You all are in our thoughts and prayers!
Oh michelle I was in tears reading this post. I am so sorry this happened. Please know that you Trevor and Jonny are all in our prayers. I love you and if you need to talk please don't hesitate to call!
Hi Michelle,
Brittney called and told me what was going on with your beautiful baby boy and asked us to pray for you all. What an inspiration you are for looking at all the amazing blessing that you received during this time. I will continue my prayers for Johhny and hope that all continues to get better each day. Brittney is so blessed to have you for a freind.
Wow, I am so glad things worked out. You are so in tune with the spirit--every time I'm around you you're glowing. And you have such an amazing attitude.
Please let us know if you find out the cause. I've had a few friends whose babies ahd seizures a lot. We'll be praying for your family. I hope you feel well through it all as well.
Michelle & Trevor-
After I spoke with you, I am again so grateful for the health of my family and to have you in it!! We will continue to pray for you more earnestly. Please know you are always in our prayers! We love you!
Wow, Michelle. What great perspective you have to pick out all of the tender mercies. Heavenly Father is really aware of us each and helps us out if we're willing to be still enough to listen. I'm grateful for you!
I am so glad Jonny is ok. That is so scary! Am I sure I wanna be a mom???
Shell- I had to IDEA. I've been so busy lately that I rarely ever check other's blogs at all! I am glad that I was able to take a peek at yours today. You are so strong, and I know that God sent Jonny to you and Trev b/c you were going to be the best caretakers for him. I can't imagine what you all were going thru in those few moments when all hell broke loose. I love you, pray for you, and know that God will do what is best for your son and your family. I'm glad Trev could make it to be with you in your time of need. He is such a special guy, and I'm so glad ya'll found each other...that in itself is a HUGE blessing...to find someone that loves you as much as that!
Post a Comment