My belly is out! My pants are getting too tight and my shirts too short. I can't believe I'm already showing. I stayed small with Jonny for a LONG time and wore several pairs of my regular jeans for the first 7 months of the pregnancy. What's happening? I'm in the stage where if you didn't know there was a baby growing in my belly you'd think I was extrememly bloated from my most recent meal. I hate maternity pants! Are there other solutions? Crazy thing is I had an appointment yesterday where they weighed me and I've lost five pounds since the start of the pregnancy. You wouldn't think it looking at me. This happened with Jonny too. I don't lose my appetite when I'm pregnant I just can't shove as much food in to my body, so I end up eating small portions the entire nine months. Maybe I should give this a try when I'm not pregnant and see if five or more pounds comes off. Pulled out my maternity wardrobe the other day and realized everything is "summery". I will need to eventually invest in some winter maternity clothes since the season will probably hit us here in Rexburg by the end of next month.
Friday, August 29, 2008
Belly Update
My belly is out! My pants are getting too tight and my shirts too short. I can't believe I'm already showing. I stayed small with Jonny for a LONG time and wore several pairs of my regular jeans for the first 7 months of the pregnancy. What's happening? I'm in the stage where if you didn't know there was a baby growing in my belly you'd think I was extrememly bloated from my most recent meal. I hate maternity pants! Are there other solutions? Crazy thing is I had an appointment yesterday where they weighed me and I've lost five pounds since the start of the pregnancy. You wouldn't think it looking at me. This happened with Jonny too. I don't lose my appetite when I'm pregnant I just can't shove as much food in to my body, so I end up eating small portions the entire nine months. Maybe I should give this a try when I'm not pregnant and see if five or more pounds comes off. Pulled out my maternity wardrobe the other day and realized everything is "summery". I will need to eventually invest in some winter maternity clothes since the season will probably hit us here in Rexburg by the end of next month.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
I showed way sooner with Reese than Rylee, I hated it! My advice is go on ebay and type in belly bands, they are the greatest thing ever! I wore my normal pants up until about 8 months, you can just leave them unzipped and the belly band looks like your just wearing a camisole under your shirt! Good luck!
Also, if you can zip them just not button them, you can wrap a rubber band around the button, through the button hole and back around the button. This worked great for me :)
I hear that after you have one, you show much faster. I can't beleive you hate maternity pants. They are my favorite! :)
I lost weight at the begining, and have totally gained it back plus some. I am totally swollen all over! O the joys of being pregnant! Good thing it all comes to an end eventually... I am still waiting for that point to hit! :)
When do you find out what you are having?
Michelle, you are so beautiful with or without your baby belly! I love the maternity pants with the low-riding band instead of the panel. You can wear them way sooner and they are great post-baby pants (plus a lot of them look cuter.) The other thing that saved me during months 4-5 are long undershirts or tank-tops. Then you can hide your rubberbands or unzipped pants! Love you!
Get used to poking out sooner than normal. It gets worse with each pregnancy. I'd say if you're going to invest in maternity clothes, get them from a nicer store like Gap or something. Mine have lasted through all of my pregnancies. I can't stand Motherhood (the store). Their stuff is poor quality and doesn't last very long. At least that's my experience.
Good luck. I'm sure you look better than you feel. That's always how it is.
The "secret fit" jeans from motherhood saved me. They are actually extremely comfortable. I loved them!
I showed as soon as I took a pregancy test with Ellis! I swear...way faster than with Kennedy. If you want to borrow any maternity clothes, let me know. I have a bunch and the ones from Kennedy are "wintery."
Congrats! I'm so excited for your baby number two! What great pant tips! They just get better and better.
Shell!!! Woo hoo! I found your blog and I have seriously devoured the pictures of jonny and you look beautiful and your family sounds wonderful and I miss you. And to put your mind at ease, although it probably won't, I showed way early with my second as well. And I hate maternity pants cause they always fall down under the belly, so my last pregnancy I lived in yoga pants from Old Navy. I think I bought a brown pair, a black pair, a grey pair and a blue pair. And then when I had to, I mean HAD TO, go out in public or Eddie's work place I would put on my maternity pants...but off they came when I walked through the door to our home. Anyways, I'd love to catch up with you and hear all about Rexburg (man I miss that place!) and your family and catch you up on mine too. Love you girl!
I was showing at two months, and I was really freaked out by it. I was like, where the heck is that coming from?! I didn't think people started showing until after 3 months, sometime 4. I'm still stretching, and can't imagine how much more my skin can possibly stretch before just tearing, but i guess somehow it will! All my non-maternity t-shirts and jeans are too tight already. This is all new for me. I don't know what I'm doing. I'm gonna have to check out the "belly band" thing. and that rubber band on the button idea is awesome! Hey Michelle, I have an idea! Let's stretch out together!
Post a Comment