Monday, August 11, 2008

Memory of Rob

For some reason this memory came to mind while lying in bed the other night. After sharing it with Trevor he and I spent the next thirty minutes laughing till our sides ached. Disclaimer: This will not be as funny unless you know my older brother, Rob. And Rob, I hope you get a good laugh out of this as well. Sharon, you can decide whether or not he reads this. In Highschool my friend, Kelly, and I had memberships to a nearby Fitness Center called The Right Stuff. We would go regularly to workout and lift weights. Occasionally we were given a free pass that permitted a friend to come and try out the gym as well. One particular day, Rob decided to join us. As will soon be obvious, Rob was not in the routine of exercising regularly. However, this did not stop him from acting like an exercise expert. While Kell and I started out with a jog on the treadmills Rob decided to begin by lifting weights. Not fifteen minutes had passed before Rob showed up with a beet red face and shaking limbs. He looked sick and it was clear that he had attempted to lift more than he should have. Without hesitation, Rob stepped up on the treadmill beside me and started running his little heart out. It was no surprise to me to see that within the first minute Rob had turned the machine nearly all the way to the highest level of incline and speed. He was panting like a dying dog and grunting like a mad man. I didn't know if I should laugh or be extremely concerned. A few minutes into the run I noticed Rob's face no longer was bright red but had turned a pale puky white. Rob quickly got off the treadmill and booked it to the bathroom. This was the end of Rob's workout; a workout that lasted no longer than 20 mintues yet nearly killed him. Needless to say, Rob did not join us the nest time we went to the gym. Thanks Rob for the workout memory that will always make me laugh till my sides hurt.

5 comments:

Sharon Beesley said...

as soon as i read the word "Fitness Center" I started to laugh. I knew where this story was headed. he's so funny at the gym. hahaha Oh, and I'm sure he was making fun of how "slow" you were going, right?

. said...

Oh I thought you were going to tell the one when he wore white jeans to school and pooped in them ;)

Michelle said...

Oh my goodness! How could I forget! Thanks for the reminder, Bille!

. said...

no problem Shell

Rachelle said...

That is hilarious! I can see it all in my minds eye. I am laughing outloud as I type. When I go running tomorrow morning I will be thinking of him. Also, please do share the story Bille was refering too, if there is more to it than what she wrote! Love ya, hope all is well with the pregnancy!