Thursday, March 6, 2008
Birthday Shout Out!
Happy Birthday Tamara! Hope you're enjoying your day! Here is a tribute to you...
I first was introduced to Tamara as "Hermana Wiles" at the MTC on my first day of the mission. We were assigned to be companions and spent the next two months becoming best friends. Since then Tamara has been an important part of my life. Out of the 38 roomates I had in college, she is the only friend that I willing chose to live with. (The rest I was worried it would hurt our friendship so I always lived with strangers and then escaped by hanging out at friend's apartments.) She is one of the funniest girls I've known, especially with her Tennessee accent. She is so personable and can make instant friends with anyone. She is dedicated, extremely hard working, and always a breath of fresh air.
Tamara, remember that day in the MTC when Hermano... can't remember his name but the teacher that I couldn't stand! Remember when he made you repeat the word "no" atleast 25 times because it didn't sound "mexican" enough. (I am laughing so hard right now)
Anyhow, te quiero, chiquilla, y espero que tu dia especial sea maravilloso! Feliz Cumplianos! (I know, miss spanish professor, I'm a little rusty!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love it. Mission friends are the best!
Hermano Olivas....wasn't that his name? YES...I remember everyone laughing at me...and when I saw this entry I wa laughing uncontrollably for 2 reasons: #1--that is the UGLIEST picture of me...my hair was so nappy! #2--That moment was so horrible, and he just wanted me to stop putting my TN accent on Spanish words...what a jerk! I think it's a cool mix, myself! ha ha ha
Thanks for the tribute, Shelly! I love you, and you were just what this southern girl needed in the MTC...hey, remember when your slip was on outside of your gym clothes? and remember when my pantyhose fell down b/c of my silky undergarments? ha ha ha...those were the days.
I still talk about you today, as if we talked every day, and we were the bestest of friends. I hope you don't mind...I love you to death, and you are my idol. If I "grow up" to be half as successful and have half the charity you do for all...I will see you in Celestial. If not, at least you can come visit me!!! lol
Post a Comment