
We enjoyed ourselves this weekend in Jackson Hole. We stayed at the Hilton Homewood Suites in the nicest room in the Hotel. We didn't realize when making the reservation on line that the place would be so nice. (Happy 'late' Anniversary to us!) The room had a HUGE window in the front room that looked out at the mountains. It also had a Fireplace, Kitchen, Jacuzzi Tub, and the most comfortable King Size Bed I've ever slept on. My favorite part was the fact that the bedroom was seperate from the front living room so Jonny didn't have to sleep in the same room as us. Here are some of the fun things we did...


We took Jonny swimming for the first time. At first he cried, I think because the water was a little cold. But once he warmed up he really enjoyed himself and started splashing, kicking, and smiling.




We took a sleigh ride through an Elk Refuge with over 8,000 Elk. The Elk were shedding their antlers which was interesting to see and there were packs of coyotes all around as well. It was really windy and started to snow on the way back, which Jonny did not appreciate. But the rest of us enjoyed the trip.
We walked aroun the shops downtown, stopped at some museums and galleries, ate at some great Restaurants, and relaxed alot. There was a snow storm that came in late Saturday afternoon. So to avoid driving off the Teton pass, we stayed another night. Everything was great until 4 am Sunday morning when Jonny decided to get up for the day and be a pill until we left at 8 am. All in all it was a wonderful weekend get away and we appreciated the break from our normal routines.
9 comments:
aside from Jonny's tears at the end, it sounded like that was fun vacation. so glad you guys went! that hotel sounds dreamy.
How fun! I loved the pics you posted. Skyler & I were just thinking about getting away too last night.
that sounds like a lot of fun!!! i still miss you though. we need to get together. i made the dip for chad's birthday and we all loved it! thanks for the recipe!!!
YEAH for you, Shelly! I knew you would love the getaway, and I know it's "just what the Doctor ordered", right? I'm thrilled that you had such a nice weekend away from the world...everyone should plan on having one at least once a year, just to keep us sane! ha ha
Good for you guys to get out and away for a little while. I think it's healthy to do that every once in a while. and man! you have an adorable son! GEEZ! I hope mine are as cute as him!
How fun! I hear you on the seperate bedrooms with your kids. Rylee has slept in a lot of closets when we're on vacation because I just can't sleep with her next to me! Anyways, what a fun get away and what a cute little family you guys are!
I love Jackson Hole. I am glad you guys went. It's so nice there. We haven't ever stayed over night...we should do that. Your swimming suit is cute! I am ready to go swimming! :) The other day Nick said, "Let's go stay a night at a hotel here so we can go swimming." :)
Looks like you had a great time! Jackson Hole is such a fun place. It looks super cold, but so entertaining.
Michelle - You have the cutest family! I can't believe how big Jonny is! I've been to Jackson once but in the summer. It looks like soooo much fun in the winter!
Post a Comment