Sunday, February 10, 2008
Temple Dedication
What an experience! Yesterday was the Rexburg, Idaho Temple Dedication. It was oringinally scheduled to take place last weekend but because of the passing of President Hinckley it was postponed until yesterday. Trevor was invited to sing in the choir that sang at one of the dedications and I was blessed with a ticket to sit in the Celestial Room, literally 8 feet away from apostles of the Lord.
President Monson was present at the morning dedications and Elder Bednar and Elder Nelson were here all day. President Monson mentioned in one of the dedications that this was his first assigment as President of the Church. It has been such a blessing to be present at the Ground Breaking, Open House and now Dedication of this beautiful Temple. As we sang the Spirit of God at the close of the dedication I was filled with gratitude for a Temple so close. (We can literally see the Temple from our bedroom window.) For President Hinckley who, inspired by the Lord, announced that a Temple would be built in this town. And most importantly, gratitude for a loving God who allows us to serve and feel closer to Him in His house. What an experience!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
How awesome that you got to be there, Michelle. Thanks for sharing!
That is awesome you guys got to be at the dedication. We just watched it on TV.
HI, I was friends with Trevor back in High School and I'm guessing you guys live in Rexburg going to school?? We live in Pocatello where my husband is in pharmacy school. Anyway, just wanted to say hi and you have a very cute little boy.
-Jaime Carlson Trone
That's awesome! That is an experience of a lifetime!! One that I am sure you will treasure forever!
Wow! I'm so glad that you were right there in the middle of all of the action. How fun for you. Was Jonny there with you?
Thanks for writing about it. That will be one you'll be glad to have later on.
Hey,
Thanks for the comment. I was going to call you but I saw in a post that you were moving and you had a baby shower that day. So I decided to reduce your stress. Next time I'm in Rexburg I will for sure be calling!
How is the new place by the way. Do you have any sunshine up there yet?
I loved reading that. I love you, Michelle. We need to play!
Post a Comment