Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Our First Fight

Trevor and my first fight was over a game of Monopoly. I know... not a big surprise for those of you who know the Beesley Competitive Genes. The frustrating thing about this board game is there is no possible way to lose by a margin. The game isn't over until the other person has taken every hotel, house, property, and dollar from the other player. So by the end of the game the loser is feeling pretty pathetic. (Atleast this is my interpretation of the game) When we were first married Trevor and I played this game quite often and it seemed that every time, Trevor kicked my trash. I had had it. I was tired of losing. By the time I hit Bankrupcy I was fuming. Trevor wasn't being sympathetic in the way I thought he should, so I stormed out of the kitchen and left him to clean up the game by himself. I made my way to the bedroom and started cleaning. I decided to take out my agression on our bed, grabbed one of the sheets, and with both hands, flipped it up in the air. I must have thrown it a little hard because the sheet hit the celing and brought down with it the light ficture above the bed. The glass ficture hit my head and shattered into several pieces. I started to cry (mostly because I felt like an idiot). Anyhow, to sum things up Trevor came to my rescue, cleaned up the mess, and we vowed never to play Monopoly together again. Just thought I'd share!

4 comments:

Wendy L said...

That is the best first fight story I've ever heard! I hope mine is as good as that.

Karen said...

I hate that game! For that reason!

Anna said...

LOL Yeah Ben and I hate Monopoly. We've had a similar experience, though, with other games and activities. It's hard when one or both people are competitive; I've found that the things I used to get upset over I now try to see as "opportunities for a good memory together" and that helps me with my perspective.

Sarah said...

yah- Skyler & I have had some interesting Monopoly moments. But don't ever play with the Lake's--Daven will kick your trash too!