Thursday, February 14, 2008

My Little Vampire!

How do I teach my son not to bite Mom? Lately when Jonny gets excited he'll throw his head into my shoulder or chest and clamp down with his teeth. He's left several marks on my shoulder and even chin from biting. The crazy thing is he's never bit Trevor. One time after being bit, I pulled him away from me and flicked his mouth. He looked at me like, "What was that for?" and was serious for a few minutes. Abour a half hour later he was back to biting. I've also tried showing him by tone of voice and emotion that it hurts me when he does that. Not sure that's working either. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

I am MommaCat said...

Ouch! I know how you feel...Nathan used to do that to me and, like you, I flicked his mouth and said "NO". I just continued to do that every time until he finally understood the association. He did some crying and it broke my heart a little, but didn't back down. It was over after a couple of weeks. Good luck :)

Cat Grandy

Ashley Wray said...

Biting is not fun. Rylee went through a little biting stage, but she was a little older, probably around 1. I would tell her that it hurt me and that we just give kisses, we don't bite. That usually worked, but if it didn't, I would do that mouth flick! Love your story on your and Trevor's first fight. Doesn't it just crack you up to think back at the dumb things you've gotten in arguments before? Oh man, Andrew and I have some some good/so stupid ones. I might just have to post some!