Thursday, January 31, 2008

Baby Shower

Here's something I made for the shower I threw last weekend. (I absolutely love throwing parties) Everyone was informed on the invitations that if they brought a package of diapers their name would be entered in a drawing. The person whose name was drawn got a nice prize. So this sat on the middle of the table where everyone dropped off their diapers. We also played a really fun game of 'Sweet' Baby Memory. I wish I would have taken a picture of it but if you're throwing a baby shower any time soon, this game is a fun one to play. Instructions: Match a candy bar name with a baby phrase. If you get the match you get the candy bar. Here are some examples: Your new baby.......Treasures Night of conception.......Skor Contractions.......Whoppers Daddy During Delivery- Bonkers Epidural.......Life Savors Umbilical Chord.......Red Ropes Hospital Bill.......100 Grand Premies.......Runts First Year of Parenthood.......Rocky Road Engorged Breast.......Mounds Breast Feeding.......Milky Way Poppie Diapers.......Tootsie Rolls Mommy’s Sleep Time.......Fast Break Baby Babble.......Whatchamicallit Mommy’s Time Alone.......Zero

5 comments:

Karen said...

Cool! You are so creative! Way to go!

Ashley Wray said...

Cute idea! You are creative! And your nieces and nephews are adorable! I can see why they got in a magazine!

Amanda said...

I've never heard of that game before, it's darling! I think I'm going to be throwing a baby shower for a friend of mine soon, so I think I'll use that idea. Thanks so much!

~Wyatt~Brittney~Brecken~Oliver~ said...

You did SUCH a WONDERFUL job too Michelle! Thank you again so much! I loved it! Everything was perfect! Your the greatest, and I miss you already, even if you are just across town.

Elicia said...

I love it! You're amazing!! I wish we lived closer so we could hang out. Any advice for someone who's about 5 months pregnant?