Thursday, December 6, 2007
O Come, Let Us Adore Him
Last night we had our Relief Society Christmas Program. The theme was O Come, Let Us Adore Him. There are currently 49 sisters in our Relief Society (we're a really small ward) and we figured that with the R.S. Stake Presidency members, Bishop and his wife and the sisters that seating for 48 would be plenty. I was so pleased with the turn out. There was only 1 empty seat. I love our sisters and their desire to make it to activities like this. We really do enjoy being with each other.
We had a nice dinner catered by BYU-I. (Ham, potato casserole, a green salad, cranberry fluff, and dinner rolls. Plus several sisters brought cookies or pies for dessert.) It was delicious. We had asked 6 different sisters to each decorate a table of 8 settings with a Christmas theme. The tables were darling with real plates and glasses. I wished I would have brought my camera. I was so impressed!
After dinner we had planned a program with script, narration, and music. Four sisters in particular spoke on the different groups that were present at the Savior's birth. (The Shepherds, Wise Men, Choirs of Angels, and Mary) We had a piano solo, a vocal solo and a 4-part piece called Were you There on That Christmas Night. We ended the program by singing O Come All Ye Faithful afterwhich Bishop gave some closing remarks.
Lisa, one of the R.S. counselors had put together a beautiful gift for the sisters. It was a tile with vynil printing that said, For Unto Us a Child Is Born. It turned out Beautiful.
I really enjoyed myself and felt like the sisters did too. We each were reminded of the focus of this month and of the importance to turn our thoughts to the Babe of Bethlehem and worship him this Christmas Season. Merry Christmas!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I loved it! You all did a great job! I know it can be overwhelming to pull that stuff off, but you guys did it flawlessly!
Wow- yah, that does sound like a lot of work, but it sounds like it was awesome. Wish we could have been there.
That sounds so very nice Michelle! I so wish I could've been there. I don't doubt for a second that it was wonderful. I am the Enrichment Leader (again) in our new ward and absolutely loved the idea. I may be stilling it for next year- also anymore vinyl projects you know who to come to!
Post a Comment