I love Christmas Eve at my parent's house. Not only do mom's decorations look like a scene from a Christmas boutique shop but the feeling in my parent's home is magical. It was so great having the family gathered together, but we missed Rob and Sharon and their cute kids being with us.
I'm so grateful my little family got to be a part of it this year.
I'm so grateful my little family got to be a part of it this year.
We had our formal Christmas Eve dinner with the beautiful table settings, Christmas carols in the background, and an entire table reserved for holiday treats.
We walked across the street to admire a neighbor's house buried in reindeer, Santas,
and colored Christmas lights.
We came home to the sound of a well-rehearsed group of Christmas carolers.
We sat by the fire and opened our Christmas PJ presents.
We opened our stockings full of thoughtful notes we each had written of what we
admire and love about each member of the family. (A Christmas tradition favorite)
We opened our stockings full of thoughtful notes we each had written of what we
admire and love about each member of the family. (A Christmas tradition favorite)
We sipped on hot chocolate and watched Christmas movie. (Arthur Christmas)
Did the last minute prep for Santa's arrival and headed off to bed.
It was wonderful and the perfect prelude for the next morning.
Here are some pics from the evening.
It was wonderful and the perfect prelude for the next morning.
Here are some pics from the evening.
My adorable niece, Claire
Uncle Danny playing with the boys
Claire cautiously playing by her rowdy boy cousins and walking with dad
Little Deano trying to keep up with his brothers
Christmas pjs by the fire
He didn't liked being pushed off of the group hug
Neighbor's Christmas lights
Neipp family (my sis, Em, and bro-in-law, Zack on the left) caroling in our living room.
Merry Christmas Eve
2 comments:
Your boys are adorable! That is the cutest pouty face that dean is making! I am excited to live closer to you guys!
I love love LOVE your posts. Your boys are adorable. I'm a little envious that you accidentally had them all close together. I could never do that on purpose - but look at all the fun they are having now! You guys are awesome.
Post a Comment