I first started running while we lived in Rexburg, Idaho.
Despite the strong wind gusts, frost-bite temperatures, and hilly town, running became my passion.
Several weeks into a new running routine, my favorite route was discovered.
I'd jog up a hill near home where the newly built Rexburg Temple sat at its peak.
I'd run around the temple's perimeter while playing the Mormon Tabernacle Choir music in my headphones. Cheesy, I know.
But every time, my runner's high would be accompanied by a spiritual high,
And I would feel blessed to live in a place where the beauty of God's creation was so apparent.
Despite the strong wind gusts, frost-bite temperatures, and hilly town, running became my passion.
Several weeks into a new running routine, my favorite route was discovered.
I'd jog up a hill near home where the newly built Rexburg Temple sat at its peak.
I'd run around the temple's perimeter while playing the Mormon Tabernacle Choir music in my headphones. Cheesy, I know.
But every time, my runner's high would be accompanied by a spiritual high,
And I would feel blessed to live in a place where the beauty of God's creation was so apparent.
I ran this evening
Without tunes, or mile marker, or calorie counter.
I chose a route away from traffic on a narrow dirt path where dozens of rabbits became my spectators.
Half way into the run, the most stunning sunset joined me.
As I watched the colored sky fade from red to orange to gold
The same feeling returned.
I chose a route away from traffic on a narrow dirt path where dozens of rabbits became my spectators.
Half way into the run, the most stunning sunset joined me.
As I watched the colored sky fade from red to orange to gold
The same feeling returned.
I discovered the beauty not in temple spires but desert mountains.
Instead of an Angel Moroni, it was the setting sun.
Immaculate temple grounds were replaced with an indigenous desert landscape.
And I felt the blessing of being surrounded by God's majestic creations.
What a loving Father in Heaven who created the beauty of the earth for us to enjoy.
(I had to add this. So beautiful)
Instead of an Angel Moroni, it was the setting sun.
Immaculate temple grounds were replaced with an indigenous desert landscape.
And I felt the blessing of being surrounded by God's majestic creations.
What a loving Father in Heaven who created the beauty of the earth for us to enjoy.
(I had to add this. So beautiful)
1 comment:
LOVE this post. LOVE the memories you have shared, and I LOVE that song!!! Thanks for brightening up my morning! And you know what...I LOVE that your blog isn't private anymore!!!! Now I can get it thru my google reader, updated right when you post something. I am SO BAD at checking blogs w/o that, b/c posts are so infrequent sometimes. So thanks for that, and I LOVE YOU!!!!
Post a Comment