Potty Training
To Trevor and my surprise Zach has done swimmingly well with potty training. There have been misses and messes, but the successes are definitely outweighing the accidents. He has done SO well, and I am beyond proud of my soon-to-be 3 year old. Lots of pee and poo victory dances at our house.
Phonics Practicing
Jonny has been so eager to learn to read, so a few months back I started working with him. This kid blows me away. He is doing so well. He's become a pro at blending the letter sounds and putting together words on his own. I'm just trying my best to keep up with his desire to learn.
Job Change
Trevor is enjoying his new job (Did I mention he changed jobs?) at Safeway's Corporate Accounting Office. The flexibility in schedule, paid vacations, and close proximity have made us grateful he accepted this new position.
Getting Settled
As for me, I'm trying my hardest to start over and create a new routine in our new town. I am thrilled with my calling as Laurel Advisor (there are 21 laurels in our ward and two advisors). I've found some great girls to workout with. (Still trying to convince someone to run in March's race with me.) Jonny and I are trying out a little preschool class this week, where if things go well, I'll be teaching as well. And for obvious reasons, I'm staying busy at home. (Mom, these are the newly reupholstered chairs. Does the vinyl look tacky?)
Our good friends from college, Matt and Shannon, stayed with us last weekend. Saturday they ran in the Tough Mudder Race. Trevor and I went as spectators to cheer them on and document the craziness. It was so wonderful to see them, and Shannon (who also has three young boys) and I were wishing we still lived next door to each other. Good times.
More Tough Mudder Photos to come.
And because I can't forget about this little dude...
Love this fearless little chatter box.
7 comments:
Great job with the potty training! I'm not looking forward to that. :-)
Where are you guys living now?
Love the chairs, they look great!!
wowzers, chica!!!! those chairs look amazing, and I love that YOU were able to do them. NOW....I'll be heading out that way again in July....so this time we GOTTA get together....mmmmm k?
Amber, we're still in AZ, living just outside of Phoenix. As far as potty training, just wait till Jake is ready. Tamara, so excited you're coming again, but why did you choose the hottest month of the year to come? I will be gone a couple weeks in July, but I REALLY hope I don't miss you.
That's good to know, Peter's company will be moving to Tempe and we're considering a move to the Chandler/Gilbert area. As we learn more I may get in touch with you for some info. if that's ok with you. :-)
Chandler and Gilbert are both great areas. We live in Anthem, which is north of phoenix. But we used to live on the edge of Gilbert and Mesa and I loved it. If you decide to head out this way, let me know how I can help.
Cute kids!!
Post a Comment