Jonny
He loves:
splashing in the bath with his dinosaurs
showing me how fast he can run by bolting from one side of the room to the other
sleeping with the light on
Family Home Evening
hugging and kissing and cuddling with Mom
He is still extremely obsessed with water. When we take trips to the zoo or amusement parks he is more fascinated by the puddles of dirty water than any exhibit or ride that is there for his enjoyment.
When we are driving in the car he likes to point out every letter he sees and count anything that appears in multiples (the number of vans passing by, how many stop lights we drive through, etc.)
Every object in our home somehow transforms into a sword for him to fight with. (spoons, spatulas, vacuum hoses, remote controls... even a battery when there is nothing else in sight.)
He loves and requests quite often for me to tell him stories. Our story telling ranges from trolls under bridges to prophets parting seas. He loves them all. And no matter the story he always tries to incorporate a fire blowing dragon into every plot.
He is very much lactose intolerant. Sometimes I carelessly take him out for an ice cream and later feel terrible as he spends the next while in the bathroom with tummy issues.
He is so sweet with babies. He was so kind to Zach when he was a baby (wish I could say the same now) and I see the same sweetness in him in the way he treats baby Dean. He tickles and sings and shares with him.
He is a goof off. I've observed in his Preschool and Primary class that he will do anything to get a laugh from his classmates. A Primary classmate of his recently told his mom that all he wanted for his birthday was a dump truck and for Jonny Nielsen to come to his birthday party, because he's funny. This little dude will definitely make a lot of friends (and frustrate a lot of teachers) with his humor.
He talks and talks and talks.
Lately he's been asking me a lot of questions about Heavenly Father like, "Did Heavenly Father make helicopters? "Who makes Heavenly Father happy? "Is Heavenly Father silly like me?"
The other day Jonny was in our backyard throwing a ball as high up in the air as he could. When I asked him what he was doing, he replied, "Playing catch with Heavenly Father. I throw the ball to him, and he throws it really hard to me."
He is such a joy and growing up too fast. I swear sometimes I'm sure there is a 14 year old boy in his little three year old body. I love him and learn so much from him always.
Zach
Turned two in February.
He is my little stud. Now, I think all my boys are adorable, but Zach... I can see him as a future ladies man.
He loves:
his shoes and blue blanket and asks where they are throughout the day.
riding Jonny's bike (even though he has basically the same one, he prefers his brothers)
getting dirty. He takes a shower or bath after almost every meal.
duck duck goose
eating veggies
one-on-one time
and giving Jonny kisses (he will stand in front of his brother and not let him by until Jonny allows Zach to smooch his face)
He is very attached to Mom right now. He follows me around the house, panics when I leave the room, waits for me to take a seat so he can jump up into my lap and be held, and screams bloody murder when I leave the house.
He can be shy, but is won over easily with yummy food and playful wrestling.
He is tough. This kid will slam his finger in a door, biff it hard on a concrete surface, or get kicked in the face by an older boy and always takes it like a man.
He is sooo animated! It's very entertaining to watch him watch a show. He lights up and squeals at the happy parts, gasps and hides at the scary parts, and frowns while saying, "Oh no," at the sad parts.
He takes after his mom's dancing fever. When a beat is heard he is the first one up busting it on the tile floor. At Disney World him and Goofy shared some dance moves with one another.
Zach lately spends a lot of time in the time-out chair for throwing, but is the best apology-giver I know. I think sometimes he gets in trouble just so he can kiss and makeup.
I still call Zach my baby. In our home, he's Zachy. I love alone time with this little man. He is so pleasant and care free. I am grateful to be his mom.
Dean
Is having his first birthday in a few weeks. CRAZY!
I love this little guy. He is so pleasant and happy and smiley. He recently had his own vacation in California with my parents while Trev and I took Jonny and Zach on a trip to Disney World. He was such a joy and hardly fussed or cried the entire nine day stay.
He is his happiest outside. We spend the majority of our afternoons outside and Dean is an active participant in our outdoor fun. He loves to chase the ball on the grass, play in the dirt with his brothers, taste every rock in our backyard, swing on the swings and slide down the slides. He would spend all day in our yard if I allowed. I foid myself often leaving him out there to explore and occasionally checking on him. Every time I call out his name he'll come find me at the sliding door, smile, and go back to his exploring without hesitation. I love it!
He eats... alot. Not a big fan of baby food. He prefers the real thing. So I find myself spending much of my time boiling carrots and peas and green beans and apples and every other veg/fruit I can find for him to devour.
Tooth #11 and #12 are pushing through right now.
Any day now I'm sure he'll be walking. He's taken a few steps.
He recently had RSV but is doing a lot better thanks to my mom's help.
He fake laughs, says "hi", vrooms like a car, pulls his brothers' hair often, and cuddles with me all the time.
Dean is my angel baby. He gets an overload of kisses and hugs from mom throughout the day. I find myself overly protective of this special little one and extremely sensitive to his reactions and emotions. I wish he'd stay little longer. I love him tons!
I love my little men. I have found that if I focus on them as individuals, instead of as three little ones that together require tons and exhaust me to no end, I feel less overwhelmed and fall more in love with them each personally. And no matter how often I lose my cool or wonder where my sanity has gone, I wouldn't trade this crazy life of mine for anything. I'm grateful to be their mom.
1 comment:
What sweethearts. You look gorgeous in that photo! :)
Post a Comment