Friday, April 8, 2011

I'm sitting in rom 705 of Cardon Children's Medical Center's Hemotology/Oncology Floor while my baby Jonny sleeps. His little body is covered in bruises and red spots and is hooked up to monitors and an IV.

On Wednesday Jonny was diagnosed with ITP (idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura - thanks, Trev) after a blood test confirmed his platelet count was extremely low.

At the moment he is undergoing an Infusion treatment that is basicaly pumping anitbodies into his blood stream. We are hoping/praying that it takes.

More details to come. Please pray for our little man. He is being so brave and has been spoiled with toys, dog visits, wagon rides, and wonderful nurses.

11 comments:

Shannon said...

Prayers! Prayers! They are sent your way. We love y'all so much... Again, prayers and love sent your way.

Ashley Wray said...

We are praying and thinking of you guys. Nothing is worse than seeing your babies in pain. Hang in there and be sure to keep us all updated!

Natalie said...

::HUG:: keep us updated when you can. And look for those angels that are surrounding you in this time of need. May the Lord help strengthen your shoulders as you carry these burdens and care for your sweet little boys.

Steph B. said...

Oh Michelle! I am so sorry to hear about Johnny! Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Rachael said...

Oh Michelle, I hope he gets feeling better!

Peter and Amber said...

I'm so sorry! You and your family are in our prayers!

Elder and Sister Beesley said...

love you sweetheart!!

Jill Manning said...

Oh wow, Michelle! You're sweet family is in our prayers for sure! You are amazing!

~Wyatt~Brittney~Brecken~Oliver~ said...

we are praying praying praying, not just for Johnny but for you too!

Tamara said...

GIRL...you know that Heavenly Father sent those sweet spirits to you b/c he knew how much you'd love them and care for them. You are such a wonderful example to me of how a mom should be. You have been through so much, and your family, too. My heart goes out to you, and know if you need anything I'm just a phone call away.

ps- I'm coming back to Arizona late July. My sister lives in Phoenix now, so we'll be closer. Are you still in Mesa? Email or call me sometime. We need to catch up, girl!!!

Sarah said...

About a month too late, but I hope you guys are doing alright. We are thinking and praying for you.