Saturday, September 11, 2010

jonny talk




I had asked Jonny to pick up a few things off the floor today and this was his reply...
Jonny: "Mommy, you can do it. You really smart... and cute and pretty... and mommy you funny and crazy."

This evening he asked if he could go lay on mommy and daddy's bed with me for a minute. When we got into our cuddle position he said...
Jonny: "I love you, mommy."
Me: "I love you too, bud"
Jonny (in a high pitched, surprised tone) "You love me? That makes me so happy!"

Whenever Jonny is upset with the decisions I'm making on his behalf, he decides that it's time to take matters into his own hands by pretending that he is the mommy. This is usually what he says when he is role playing me.
Jonny: (with eyebrows raised and finger pointed like he means business) "You listen (wisten) to me, mommy. When I count to three you better wisten. 1...2... uh oh, almost 3... uh oh, hurry... 3. Uh oh.... that make me really  sad, mommy. You not wisten to me.

Lately whenever Dean is crying Jonny will run over to me and say, "Hurry Mommy, Dean needs you." A few moments later when I make my way over to Dean I will usually catch Jonny either talking to Dean saying, "It's ok Dean, Mommy's coming." Or singing to him in hopes of cheering him up. His favorite song to sing to baby brother his I'm So Glad When Daddy Comes Home, actions and all.

While tucking him into bed tonight I asked him a few favorite questions. Here are his responses...
Me: What's your favorite animal?
Jonny: Nice Dinosaurs

Me: Who's your favorite friend?
Jonny: Josh from Preschool (I'm 99% positive there is no Josh from Preschool but he talks about him all the time)

Me: What's your favorite game to play?
Jonny:  Hide and Go Sink

Me: What's your favorite thing we did today?
Jonny: (he recaps the entire day) Play with Sophia, and jump on pillows, and play with dinosaurs and doggies and hippopotamus and tigers, and take a baff with bubbles, and scare daddy... (he will pick a hiding spot and wait for Trev to come home from work for like 30 minutes just to yell "boo" when Trev finds him)

Jonny is such a hoot right now. He makes Trevor and I laugh with the things that come out of his three-year-old mouth. We love him.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

You and your husband look so much alike there!

Rachael said...

Michelle--I love reading about each of your boys. You are such an amazing mother!

P.S. I don't know if you've made a decision yet on the title, but I liked the one of "Mom and a string of pearls" or even "Carpe Diem Mom."

Rachael said...

P.S. If you're still having problems with your neighbors (scary!) just call the cops! Don't mess with it anymore!(Glad you are safe!!!!)