Saturday, September 18, 2010

oh, to dream

Disclaimer: This is the most random post (for me) ever. So if you're not in the mood to scroll through a lot of home decor pics, feel free to move on to the next blog on your list. I'm not offended one bit.

I have a "I need all new furniture/decor through my entire home" itch.
I am ready for something new and different, and I think redecorating and replacing everything I own is the way to satisfy this need for change.  I've been selling a few pieces here and there on craigslist and there are a few projects in the works. (Almost finished with our new wood door turned head board. I'll share the pics once I'm done) But since I don't own a money growing tree some of my decorating wants will have to wait.
Here are some items on my home-decor wish list...

Farmhouse Kitchen Table
Is this not the perfect kitchen table? I am in love!  Found a tutorial here that shows you how to construct a farmhouse table for under $50. (That is not taking into account the price of an electric saw, sander, etc. Oh, to dream)


Bedroom Inspiration
Dressers:



Also, I thought this from Country Living was a great tutorial on  how to transform a dresser. Here are the before and after shots.
Before:


After:
This little gem would look perfect at the side of our bed. 

Night Stands

I love this rustic night stand with the simple modern lamp on top

Or this perfect Victorian night stand. Dreamy!


Boy's Room Inspiration
                 
Wall Art
This project I started in the boy's room month's ago. There are about 10 frames up on their wall, and about 6-7 more waiting to be hung. Just need to finish!



I absolutely love the idea of these Rain Gutter Bookshelves. We definitely have the books to fill a few of these. Tutorial on how to make these found here.

Fabric Bulletin Boards

In my dreams the boy's future room looks like this. Minus the floral bedding and butterflies.

Front Room Inspiration
Love this cluster of framed mirrors, not to mention the cozy hutch in the corner.

What an awesome entry table, (or sofa table) right? 
This was a DIY project found here. Where we live there really is no need for an entry table, but I'm sure if i had a beautiful piece like this one I could find the perfect spot for it.

The Perfect Roman Shade Curtains


Am I the only one who drools over Roman Shade curtains? I'm intimidated with the thoughts of making my own. Where is my crafty neighbor, Ashley, when I need her?


Is that enough decor pics? I could go on. 
For now I will continue to browse craigslist listings and make my weekly trip to the local thrift stores until I find all the perfect treasures to complete our newly decorated home. Till then, here's to wishing. 

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Ooops, I thought I commented already. I guess I dreamt (dreamed?) it. Love your style, and esp. the dresser make-over. However, I realize how MUCH work that takes! I can just see that becoming a half-finished project. In fact, I have a project like that waiting in the queue right now!

Oh, to dream!