Monday, July 12, 2010

The summer is slipping away and we are not spending enough time in the water. I've discovered that there is no sane reason to be outdoors during Arizona summertime unless it's spent in water.  

I must admit I've felt a little sorry for the boys (and let's be honestly, for myself as well) that they haven't been able to go swimming as much as I'd hoped this summer. Having a new baby has kept us homebound more often than we would like -we love you Dean- and the idea of taking all three boys to a pool by my lonesome is a bit intimidating to me. I get panicky and paranoid when my children are near water (it's true, ask Trevor). 

Trev's parents own a house about 2 miles from us that they usually rent out to vacationers. Since no one is crazy enough to vacation in Arizona in the summer we have been utilizing the empty house's back patio to get our water fix for the week.  

Needless to say, when we do get the chance to get wet, giddy me feels it necessary to pull out the camera and capture the moment of water happiness. 

These boys love the water!



Playing with a water hose in a kiddie pool is way more fun than swimming and splashing in a huge pool anyways... right? The boys are happy just the same!

PS. Don't panic! The water is not running the entire time they're playing outside.  

No comments: