lows
- Half-emptied bottle of maple syrup drenched in the carpet
- Overflowing toilet of swimming trucks
- A flat tire and mile walk home in the summer's heat with three tired kids
- A kick in the face after telling my toddler I love him
- A pee-stained carpet and an (almost) three-year-old who has regressed in potty training skills
- Two ear infections
- A (dedicated) husband who leaves early in the morning and does not come home till 10:30 pm on the week nights
- Streaks of white sunblock squeezed out all over the floor and walls of our home
- Three hour car ride with the kids (where Jonny has a panic attack the last hour, Zach screams out of hunger, and Dean cries... perhaps traumatized by the chaos in the car. (Oh, and I'm trying to keep my cool while figuring out where the heck I'm going... I got a little lost on my way back to Mesa)
- A bruised head from a flying sippy cup and getting whipped on the back by a swinging hose
- Tantrums at the doctor's office, check out lines, parking lots, play groups... the list goes on
highs
Lets see... I've got nothing.
Needless to say, we've had a rough couple of weeks.
I'm feeling a little defeated and need a moment to wallow in my woes. Hopefully in a few days I'll feel more capable of coming up with a list of highs.
.
PS. We leave for California in a few days. I'm thrilled. I'm sure all my troubles will disappear while I'm there and I will find tons of reasons to be happy about life.
7 comments:
I'm sorry about all of the craziness. I would cry if I had to walk a mile with 3 tired kids along with the frustration of a broken car. :( You have my sympathies! Have fun in CA...wish we were going.
I'm sorry you've been so stressed and worn out. I wish we could have a girl's hour or two. Hang in there! And never feel badly for venting. Sometimes you need to do that to get a second wind and new perspective. (Ha! Look at me talking...and I don't have a family yet!)
Oh Michelle. I'm sorry. Hope your having a great time in California!
You are my hero, seriously. I hope your trip to CA is fantastic and you get spoiled! I know days/weeks like that and they are rough. You are pretty amazing because you do it anyways and one day when they have some little boys of their own they will call you and tell you just how amazing you are. I know I have called my mom and told her that a million times since I've had my girls. Have a great vacation!
ack, sounds hectic! And crazy! And frustrating! And so so so familiar! Ha! I'm sorry it seemed to pile up.......a vacation sounds like the perfect solution! Can we come? :)
I hope you do find tons of reasons to be happy about life in California. We love you guys, just remember that:)
OH, honey! That sounds like a terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad couple of weeks. Maybe you should move to Australia! You are surely a better woman than I to survive to tell the tale.
Post a Comment