Monday, April 26, 2010

letters: part two

Dear Zach,

You are my little sunshine. Often during the first weeks of your life I felt certain that there was something special and sweet about this little boy who had just joined our family. This feeling has never left me. You bring so much happiness to me as a mom and have increased my understanding of the joy in motherhood.

Zach, you have such a happy spirit. Simple things like finding a belly button to blow on, bouncing up and down on a beach ball, shaking your tush back and forth to an upbeat song, or playing hide and seek with brother seem to bring out an excitement and delight that just might explode out of your ears or toes.  You laugh and play without a care in the world. And you cuddle and love without reservation.

The other day I left you with some friends to play while I went to a doctor's appointment. As soon as you saw me walk through the door to pick up you and brother your face lit up, you threw your sippy cup and snack down on the ground, and ran to me as fast as your stubby legs would allow (tripping on your pant leg twice before you reached me) My heart melted. I hope you will always be so excited to be with your mommy.

Zach, I believe there was something special about you earned in your preexistent life. And because of this special nature, you will be a blessing to all those around you. They will feel of your light and in turn recognize within themselves a similar worth as a child of God. I hope that you will always set your light "on a candlestick: (that) it giveth light to all that are in the house." That by doing so those who know you, will in turn want to know their Savior.

I love you and love being your mom. Please be patient with me as I do my best to love and nurture you throughout your life. I am so grateful that you were sent to me and for the blessing that you are and will be to our family. Love you, Zachy!

Love,
Mom

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Don't you just love this age? Personalities are really coming in, but they are still just sweet babies. Zach is on special kid... really he is.

Oh, I just got this. Thought I'd pass it along:

"Hello all 51st ward members, near and far!! On Monday June 14 from 6-8 pm the Halls will be hosting a reunion BBQ at their home in Rexburg. **Bring your own meat and a side to share, come have fun and talk to the Halls before they leave for their mission in Florida!! Please pass this message along so all are invited!!"