This post sounds a little like I should be at the chapel pulpit bearing my testimony. Sorry! I just needed to write down some thoughts I'm having. Feel free to skip this post and click over to the next blog on your list.
I feel overwhelmed today with the amount of love I have for my children and husband. Night time prayers have been especially sweet for me lately. I love listening to Jonny pray for his brother, grandparents, cousins, and anyone else he can think of, each by name. I love that each time he prays he recaps what he's done during the day, "Thank thee we played soccer ball...or thank thee we went to park and played on the slide." He is such a sweet boy and the older he gets the more loving and sensitive to others he becomes. When I say a prayer with Zach at night I find myself trying to adequately expressed to my Heavenly Father my gratitude to Him for sending Zach to our family. I pause a lot and repeat over and over again how thankful I am for my sweet baby boy and how I love him more than I can say.
This weekend Trev and I were in charge of the decorations for our ward's Christmas party. I was obviously stressed and happened to get sick the day before the party. Trevor was so wonderful to step in and take over. He collected and set up all the artificial trees from ward members. He strung all the garland and lights around the room. When I got there to help and overreacted with the amount of work we still had to do he was calm and reassured me that everything would be fine. I was so grateful for him.
In my individual prayers I find myself spending much of my "thankful for" time on him. He is so patient with our boys in trying to teach them what's right. He never loses his cool. He is always kind to me and never judgemental. He has been so busy these last few months, often working eight hour days, coming home for dinner, then heading off to school for four hours. I appreciate and love him so much.
I also am beginning to feel a sincere love for this little one inside me. Because we find out this next week what we are having, the reality of another spirit son or daughter of our Heavenly Father joining our family is becoming more real. Last night when Trev and I were saying our prayer together and asking Father to prepare us for this sweet baby, I genuinely felt excited to meet him/her. That's a big step for me (perhaps harsh to admit) but I am so grateful and relieved that my excitement and love for this little one on his/her way is becoming recognizable.
I am grateful for my children (all three of them) who have taught me about the love our Heavenly Father more than anyone else in my life. I am grateful for my husband who makes it so easy to love him and who loves me so selflessly. That's it! Now pull yourself together, Michelle.
1 comment:
Thanks for your testimony! I still remember hearing you bear it in the MTC--I remember you saying that it was simple, but sincere one. That has always stayed with me. I am so happy for you and your growing family.
Post a Comment