Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I wanted to record some of Jonny's recent unique mannerisms. Jonny and our vacuum have a love/hate relationship. Sometimes he insists on being the vacuumer and would spend the entire day lugging the machine around if I'd let him. Other days it is as if the vacuum has transformed into a monster and Jonny is sure that it is trying to eat him alive. Yesterday the vacuum was a monster! Every time I turned the Hoover on instead of saving himself and running as far away from it as possible, Jonny would run over to Zach and shield Zach from the beast. I;d turn it off and he'd return to playing. Turn it back on and he dashed over to Zach's side holding his brother's head and chest as to prevent him from being eaten by it. Protective older brother, I love it! Lately when we are taking Jonny up to bed he insists on saying, "Goodnight" to everone and eveything. "Nigh night clock," "Nigh night shoe," Nigh night Mama (Grandma) & Papa (Grandpa)," Eeven though they're aren't here. It's sweet! Yesterday there were wind gusts up to 55mph in Rexburg. Crazy! Trev took Jonny outside in the evening to see his reaction of the wind. Jonny laughed and laughed. He would yell jibberish at the wind and then laugh. Trev had him walk a little ways and it took only one strong gust to sweep him off his feet. Good thing Trev was holding his hand. What did Jonny do? He laughed! Jonny is a dancing/singing machine! Lately his CD selection has been ABBA and Jonny loves to pick up any object, whether it's a leggo or plastic hammer and use it as his microphone to sing along. Love my little man! (Zach update coming soon!)

1 comment:

. said...

I don't know why,but yelling into the wind and laughing at it seems like the most appropriate thing to do. I wish I could have seen it.