Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Utah Culture Night

Disclaimer: I hope this post does not offend any of my fellow Utah friends. I love you and give you the right to poke fun at us California Mormon girls anytime. A couple months ago a friend of mine, Shannon, put together another "Girl's Night" and the theme for the party was Utah Culture Night. I went decked out in my Utah look to the party. Here's the picture to prove it. I know, hideous. I realize that the majority of girls from Utah do not have as extreme a look but if you know me, I had to go above and beyond. We ate green jello, funeral potatoes, Lion House Rolls, and drank some fruity red punch. We were educated on scrapbooking and vinyl lettering and learned some interesting facts about Utah. My friend wanted us to take a trip to Deseret Industries. I refused to be out in public looking this way. It was bad enough having to walk 10 doors down from her house to mine. Anyhow, we had a good laugh and enjoyed ourselves. The main enthusiast for throwing these 'Girls Night' parties left for Alabama for 4 months on an internship with her husband and son, and I was devastated to see her go. She has been my closest friend since Trevor and I have been married. For those of you who know Shannon Dudley you'd agree that she is the cutest, most entertaining Southern girl there is. She's only been gone for two and a half weeks and I already miss her so much. Shannon, can't wait for you to come back.

8 comments:

Karen said...

LOL! I have to say that this look goes for a lot of Idaho girls as well. ;)

Ashley Wray said...

Love that picture, and love Shannon Dudley as well! She always just cracked me up! You need to get them to start a blog :) Hope you're surviving without her, and that girls night sounds like a blast!

Lindsey and Isaac said...

Shannon is so fun! You'll have to tell her I say hi. I bet she is glad to be in Alabama for awhile though. Love the picture of you in your Utah look. :) Sounds like fun

Sarah said...

I do so love Shannon. How sad that they left, but I bet she is happy to be in 'Bama. Your Utah night sounds so fun, and I am not offended whatsoever, 1 because I hope you'd agree I never looked like you do in the pic, and 2 I didn't grow up on green jello (just orange jello with shredded carrots--which I don't even like). What creativity you have!

~Wyatt~Brittney~Brecken~Oliver~ said...

Don't we ALL love Shannon! And that hair on you too!

My Boys, Life's Joys said...

Haha, that's great! I don't know if you remember, but when we were roommies at BYU-I, whenever my hair decided to naturally have a little more volume than usual, I would ask our roommates, "Do I have 'Utah hair' today?" Just to make sure I was ok, haha. I hope someone came with the classic Utah curled bangs, you know the single uniform curl that is so big that you could use it for extra shelving? Haha, I am so proud to be a Utah girl!

Seth said...

I love Shannon too! Yes, she needs to get a blog. Your Utah look is flawless, how fun!

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle!

Your hair needs to be ratted up waaaay higher and have some massive chunky blonde pieces in it. Also I hope you were chewing gum and saying that you were out in the "fild" instead of "field!"

Btw, I hope you don't mind me blog stalking! I saw the link on Clark's blog and had to be nosy and see what you are up to.