Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Move Update
The move is over (almost). This past weekend we moved everything 30 feet from our old apartment to the new one. The unit is the exact same, just a bit smaller. We've had to do some rearranging and put more in storage than expected because of space, but I have no room to complain. We consider this move a blessing from the Lord. I have already met my new neighbors and feel motivated to become good friends with these other stay-at-home moms.
RECAP OF THE MOVE (Feel free to skip this part)
Friday morning (the big moving day) I had asked a good friend, Jen, to watch Jonny for a couple hours while we hauled furniture out; however, Jonny woke up that morning with a terrible cough and cold. So Trev and a few buddies did the work while I took care of my sick little boy.
Saturday Trev was on "dad duty" while I spent the entire day and night deep cleaning the old apartment. Sunday we rested from our labors and were invited over for dinner by some friends. (Thanks Checketts). I was so grateful I didn't have to cook in our messy new kitchen.
Monday morning Brittney and I finished the last of the cleaning and Trev and I turned in the keys. That afternoon I lay down because I wasn't feeling well and woke up with a fever and head cold. Since then I've been fighting a Sinus Infection. I absolutely hate being sick, especially because our new home has been a complete disaster and I always feel guilty when I don't have tons of energy to play with Jonny.
Today I've felt better and was able to empty most of the boxes and put stuff away. Things are looking more organized and feeling more like a home. We sold all the furniture within the first day of posting and then bought a new couch and loveseat. I love them and will post pictures as soon as I find our camera.
Thank you SO MUCH to all who helped us move: Hales, Checketts, Binghams, Adam, and Steve. (Treats are on the way) We are so grateful for good friends.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
seriously shelly take it easy! i think the lord first made Johnny sick so you would not be moving stuff around, and then you got sick so that you could rest a little. i hope you are feeling better, being sick really is lame-o.
Post a Comment