

My friend, Shannon, and I threw a "Girl's Night" (or as she called it, 'Enrichment w/o Boundaries') last night at my apartment. Everyone left their kids home with husbands and joined us for a Birthday Bash where we celebrated our b-days. It was a blast! We played a game, exchanged gifts, blew out birthday candles, and ate cake and ice cream. We created cakes representing each season. Here's a shot of the two I was in charge of. We really enjoyed ourselves! I was reminded of what wonderful friends I have. We enjoyed ourselves so much that we the eight of us mommies have decided to get together twice a month without the kids and party. We deserve it, right?
Becaus I told Trevor he wasn't allowed to be seen at the party, he went to hang out with a friend. He finally called at 10:30 and asked if he could come home. Poor guy! I felt so bad.
PS. Brittney, the picture I took of the bunch with you in it had someone's head cut off. So glad you were there, even though I don't have the picture posted to prove it!
7 comments:
OKay, I am so wishing this girls night was installed while I was there- those cakes look DELICIOUS and oh so cute...plus all of that awesome company! You are so fun and creative
What a great idea! Is it finally warming up up there? So the girl in the front (blue shirt), she was in our ward when we lived in Beehive, this is terrible but I can't remember her name.
Can I just tell you how wonderful it was to live with you all those years ago. You taught me so much and you were such a great example! Thanks!
What a fun idea!! Love the cakes!
Thanks again for the fun! I loved meeting all those cute girls!
Hi there Shel...I was getting my Nielsen fix and saw your pictures from your trip. Looks like you guys had alot of fun. Did you just love New York??!! Seeing those pictures makes me miss it and want to go back. Sounds like you did alot in those two days...we were there 10 and I still feel like we could have done so much more! Jonny is growing up too fast....he is cute as ever. Give him a hug and a kiss from his cousin Liz (or whatever I am to him...I never know). I hope your family will be able to come to the reunion in July, it would be fun to see you.
By the way, nice job on your art project for Jonny's room and those cakes. You are so talented! Was that Jen Hale I saw in that group friend shot? If so, tell her I said hello and give her a big hug from me. Lots of love!
You're totally making me miss all you 51st ward girls! How fun, and I would definetly say you guys deserve a night out without kids a couple times a month!
I love that you love to throw parties and have such cute ideas for them. I don't know that I'd go to so much trouble for a girls' night. But your cakes turned out darling.
Are you cooking/baking all day, everyday? It seems like you really love it.
Post a Comment