Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Trip to Virginia

We had such a blast in Virginia with Trevor's parents. Here are the highlights: * 5 hour plane trip was better than we expected. Although Jonny refused to sleep basically the entire time, he was quite the trooper. He crashed hard the following day! * Spent an afternoon at Mount Vernon (Washington's Home), walked through the floral gardens and enjoyed the view of the Potomic River. * Took a 2 day trip to New York City * Stayed in the most elaborate suite on the 43rd floor of the most extravagant Hotel. (We had a perfect view of Time Square from our room) * Trevor and I saw a Broadway Musical (The Little Mermaid) while Mom and Dad babysat Jonny. (This was the ultimate highlight for me. I was in heaven!) * Took a stroll through Central Park * Had a tour from the Grey Line Tour Bus through New York City * Ate at a Subway where Jonny spilt Dr. Pepper all down my lap. * Rode a ferry to Liberty Island where we visited the Statue of Liberty * Had a picinic at a park * Relaxed alot, laughed alot, and enjoyed more than anything being with family. Honestly, we enjoyed ourselves and did not want the trip to end. The weather was warm, the trees were covered in blossoms, and the three of us were spoiled more than I can explain. Thank you, thank you Mom and Dad Nielsen for making our vacation so memorable. We love you!

1 comment:

Ainsley said...

How lucky are you to get away! I really like your slide show- I may have to copy you and try it.