Thursday, March 13, 2008

Confession: I despise American Idol. It gets worse every year. I know it's hard to believe for all you devoted viewers. It's not the contestants that make me want to ban the show from all TV Networks. It's the judges. One in particular... Paula Abdul! Does she make any sense? Her comments are full of jiberish and incomplete sentences. By trying so hard to be positive and not offensive, she ends up leaving the singers more confused and with no constructive advice on how to improve. To admit that I think Simon Cowell has more productive comments to make than she reveals how much I can't stand listening to her. Plus, is it necessary to have any show air three times during the week? Is Fox Network really that desperate for higher viewer ratings? Despite this disinterest, I have to admit that I've actually watched the show a few times this season. I'm not sure why, especially considering that after every judge's comment I end up rolling my eyes or talking back to the TV screen. My excuse is only to hear 16 year old David Archuleta's great performances. So there it is!

3 comments:

Katherine said...

I feel the same way, she is the worst judge.

-Dan M

Tamara said...

uhmmmm, David is 17 yrs old, thank yur! and he is LDS, along with the other countrified singer gal on there from AZ. I of course, LOVE the show. I do think the jugdeges comments are WAY off base occasionally, but I guess I just like the thought that people are winning b/c they have true "undiscovered talent" instead of all these other reality shows, where people win a million bucks just for being lucky or something. I like singing, and I love predicting what the judges are going to say...even though Paula is a bit drunk sometimes! :)

Amanda said...

I understand how you feel. I can't stand Paula, but I love the show. Especially this season since there are two Mormons on the show who seem to do a decent job represent our faith. David is just nice, humble, and darling. I love Brooke's voice and her quirkiness. If you can get past Paula, the rest is really great.