Thursday, January 24, 2008

Recent weather report: -33 degrees. Yesterday I was up on campus getting a 'spouse ID card' so I can use the school's exercise facilities. I took Jonny with me, which after trecking all around campus trying to figure out where to go, I regretted taking him. It was so cold his eyes were watering, his nose and cheeks were bright red and I felt like a terrible mother. We survived. However, it makes me not want to take him outside because of how cold it is, then again I have so many errands to run and things I need to get done. The last three days my car hasn't started (because of the weather). Trev and I jumped it the first day, the second day after trying several times in the morning, it finally started up in the afternoon, and today, I bundled up Jonny, got him in his carseat and headed out the door for an appointment, (completely forgetting that I was having a problem with the car)and again... the car was dead. I'm giving up! We're moving this weekend and we are not prepared. I'm trying not to stress about it. But too late. I'll be fine and we'll make it through the weekend in this bitter cold, I just needed to vent.

5 comments:

~Wyatt~Brittney~Brecken~Oliver~ said...

You should NOT be doing a baby shower this weekend on top of everything else! If you need help you better tell me!

Janae said...

I am so so sorry. It sounds like this is one of the coldest Rexburg winters in a while. I wish I could help you out and take little Jonny while you're doing errands. I seriously would. If I didn't live 25 hrs away. So I'll pray for you, and good luck!

Tamara said...

I wish I was there to help you...call me if you want to vent on someone! You'll survive...& you'll be in a new apt, so that will be fun!

Karen said...

I am sorry. Hope you guys can get moved fast, so that you can thaw out. brrrrrr!

Amanda said...

I don't know how you can even stand it. It's not even freezing here and I don't like to go outside.

My advice: drink lots of hot chocolate and put extra marshmallows on top for comforts sake.