Tuesday, January 22, 2008

My Six-Month-Old

Jonny is six months this week. I have a six month old, that's crazy! Here's his update: Jonny weighs 18 lbs. He is a chuncky little guy. His belly hangs over his pants and half of his fat is stored in his three chubby chins. If he had a choice he would eat all day long. He never seems full and as soon as he finishes an 8 oz bottle or a jar of veggies he screams for more. You'd think from his bloody murder cry that we were starving the boy. At the same time, Jonny is extremely active. He likes to be up and on the go. When I hold him on my hip he's always got a foot swinging back and forth or an arm flapping up and down. It's quite hilarioius to watch. Every day his squeaks get louder in volume and higher in pitch. He's finally rolling from his stomach to his back. He's on the verge of sitting upright on his own. My cell phone is his favorite toy. When Trevor calls I put him on speaker phone. Jonny gets a huge smile on his face and starts yappin' away. The rest of the conversation is a competition between the two of us to see who can talk louder. He's doing better about sleeping during the day (longer than 20 minutes at a time). His bed time is 7:30 am and he gets up at 6:30 am. He's growing so fast. Sometimes it makes me sad. But we are so grateful he is healthy and happy. We love our little man. He is seriously the joy of our life.

7 comments:

Jen said...

I am freezing too! It's nuts. My mom said that when my dad left for work this morning it was -30! WHAT?? Jonny is so, so, so cute. Wow! He is adorable. Your comments about him were fun to read. I can't believe he is 6 months already. That means that Ellis is right behind! That is nuts!

Karen said...

I love the picture with the hat!! So cute!

Ashley Wray said...

He is so cute and so big! Rylee is 20 months and only weighs 23 pounds, way to go Jonny! I feel you on the cold Idaho temp, here is Burley it was only -2 this morning, so I guess I should consider myself lucky!

Amanda said...

He is darling. It's fun to read about his personality. We can't wait to meet him. Are you guys going to the reunion this year? We hope to see you there.

~Wyatt~Brittney~Brecken~Oliver~ said...

He is still so cute! I think he is one of the cutest little boys I have ever seen, (that requires you to think the same about the little boy that I have coming shortly!) I actually hope our little guy is half as cute as Jonny!

Rachelle said...

Holy cow he is a cutie!! It is amazing how fast time zips by. Doesn't it seem like yesterday that he was a little newby and just slept all day? He is pretty big little guy; Kennadee weighed 18 lb at her 1yr check up...although she was only in the 2%. Sounds like things are going well. Also, I hear you on the weather and it isn't even as bad here are it is in ID!!

I am MommaCat said...

Hiii! I found your blog from Bille's and wanted to say hello and how SUPER CUTE your little boy is! I think I remember my mom-in-law saying that you were expecting a while back, but I totally forgot until I saw your blog with all the pictures of your cutie. Congrats to you guys! I hope you are enjoying Motherhood :)
Take care,
Cat Grandy