Thursday, January 10, 2008

Prophecy Fulfilled

Trevor and I had the opportunity to go through the Rexburg Idaho Temple this week. What an experience! I felt emotional the entire tour and struggled throughout it to hold in the tears. It is beautiful! I couldn't help but think, "What a blessing to be living in Rexburg during a time when a prophecy is being fulfilled." Decades ago when members were first settling in Rexburg, Wilford Woodruff, then an apostle of the Lord, declared that the Lord's Spirit would be poured out in abundance in this city. Among other things, he prophesied that a temple of the Lord would someday stand in the midst of the Rexburg community. We are witnessing the fulfillment of this prophecy. I am so grateful (contrary to my usual complaints) to be here during this time. In a way, Trevor and I feel that this temple has significant meaning to us. This is where we have chosen to begin our family and this Temple stands as a symbol of the eternal family we are creating. It is also a reminder to us of covenants made and promises given of what will one day be ours to inherit as a family. I am grateful for Temples!

8 comments:

Karen said...

I can hardly wait to come and see it!...11 more days.

Amanda said...

So insightful! You are so filled with the spirit. It is an inspiration to me. Thanks for sharing such wonderful and personal thoughts.

Janae said...

That is a BEAUTIFUL picture and temple. Wish I could see it with you guys. Thanks for your example.

Sarah said...

Yeah! We just got tickets to come next Monday. Can't wait.

Alynda said...

Bruce and I fulfilled our second night of being tour guides on Thursday night. As we moved our groups from the Stake Center to the temple, and then again as we moved from floor to floor and room to room, I saw people that I know and love. We said hello and stopped to give some of the hugs and I thought this is what heaven must be like - to come around a corner and see someone we love. It added so much to this great experience - to be involved in a small way with the open house.

Tamara said...

WOW...I really wish I was back in Rexburg to go through the temple and see such beauty. However, when I think about the snow I think twice about going.

You are truly blessed to there during this time! And I'm excited for all the wonderful possibilities and wonderful things that Rexburg will yet see in the future. What a blessing it is!

Jen said...

That picture is gorgeous! We get to take Kennedy next week. I am so excited for her. She keeps saying that she is going to get married in the temple. It's so special.

Aubrey said...

Hey you two! I've actually been looking at your blog for a week now and keep forgetting to comment. You are such a cute little family and I can't believe how much Johnny has grown! It's crazy. Well I don't think we told you our blog, but we'd love you to come visit! www.brettaub.blogspot.com