Sunday, December 9, 2007

Christmas Cookie Tradition

One of our family Christmas Traditions is to spend an entire day in the kitchen baking holiday treats. We would seperate the cookies onto Christmas plates and each member of the family would select two families they wanted to bring a plate of cookies to. We would deliver the treats as a family and sometimes my parents would even talk us in to caroling as we dropped off the cookies. I decided on Friay I wanted to do my own baking day and try some new Holiday Treat recipes. Here's what I chose: Holiday Wreaths, Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies, Holiday Pretzel Treats, and Mint Thins. (You can click on the name to get the recipe.) The first one didn't turn out as I imagined so Trevor and I with some of our friends munched on them while we played Trivial Pursuit that night. We ended up just making Sugar Cookies the next morning. It was a lot of fun but to be honest, if I have to scoop up one more ball of dough, or pull out one more cookie sheet fromt the oven I think I'll gag! For the most part I did enjoy myself and am gratfeul Trevor and Jonny joined in at the end to help.

4 comments:

Karen said...

Sounds and looks yummy. Now, I'll I need to do is make them myself so that I can have a taste. :)

Sarah said...

YUM! I love making holiday treats. It just isn't the holidays without them.

. said...

Those mint thins look really good, I am always amazed with what people can do with Ritz crackers.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this idea of a family tradition! although it can have it's set-backs (I love cookie-dough)...When I was little, my best friend's mom did it every Christmas and I could NOT wait to eat Janice's cookies...she still does it and I STILL can't wait to go home at Christmas and have them...YUM