Saturday, October 13, 2007
Missionary Moment Update
So, I did it! I swear the Spirit has been nudging me to do something for the past several weeks and I finally acted upon the prompting. I spoke with our neghbor from Mexico last weekend. It was a good 'brush up on my rusty Spanish' conversation. Among other things we talked about God and his beliefs. I asked if he'd spoken to any missionaries since he'd lived in Rexburg. I was really surprise when he said, "no" considering the Spanish missionaries live about five doors down from his apartment. The conversation ended in an invitation to join Trevor, Jonny, and I for a Family Home Evening at our apartment. I explained what it was and he sounded interested. He actually ended up inviting my family over to join his family. He said he'd need to talk to his wife. I felt satisfied with that response. I hope this is a start of a friendship.
Latest realization, there are opportunities to share the Gospel, even in Rexburg, Idaho.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
You are so sweet. It does not surprise me at all that you were the once to find him and share the gospel! Great JOB! I think it is actually harder in Rexburg b/c you assume everyone already has heard, and if are not members, have already rejected...what a fresh experience for you! I love your blog and your adorable little boy. He is so cute. I am so glad we can stay in contact now- chalk another one up for blogging. PS- where are the dudleys? pps- how is relief sociey? Love ya
That's awesome! I'll be excited to hear how FHE goes. Keep us updated! You are such a good example.
Way to go!
You are an awesome example of missionary work. Boy, I miss you! I need to surround myself with inspiring people, and you are one of them. I hope it goes well for you. :)
You are such a good example. Our neighbors are friendly but I need to invite them over to do FHE too. That's a great idea. Way to go for listening to the spirit.
Congrats! We just had the missionaries over last night and they left a Book of Mormon with us and challenged us to give it someone. We were expecting this, but it's still a little scary. It's different doing member missionary work as opposed to serving a full-time mission. We're praying about who we should give the Book of Mormon to. We've met a few of our neighbors, but don't know any of them very well. We're hoping to truly be guided by the spirit for this one. Wish us luck and keep us in your prayers.
Post a Comment