Thursday, September 20, 2007

Our Travels

Since we've been married (2 years in December) we've enjoyed some fun vacations. I don't think we've ever shared any photos from our trips, so here are a few shots with some of the highlights. CARLSBAD, CALIFORNIA We spent a week in Carlsbad, California for our honeymoon. These are the pictures of the three times we left the room. (I'm kidding!) We watched the most beautiful sunsets, played in the ocean and tidepools, and shopped. We stayed in a Condo that was literally across the street from the beach. WASHINGTON D.C. Trevor's parents live in Alexandria, Virginia so last April we flew out to spend a week with them. We spent a day in Monticello, visited the Monuments and Museums in D.C. We saw a musical play at Ford's Theatre where Abraham Lincoln was shot. And I played for the first time a relaxing yet frustrating round of Golf. It was a lot of fun! YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK Since we've been married we have visited Yellowstone National Park several times. (It's only an hour away from were we live) Trevor's family came up last summer and stayed in a cabin for a week in Island Park. We visited the park a couple times. One particular day we rented four wheelers and rode around some bumpy dirt trails. I can't tell you how much I enjoy this. (The top middle picture of Trevor's face illustrates just how dirty the roads were). My parents came to visit a few weeks ago and we took a trip to Yellowstone National Park as well. Having a seven week old made the car ride seem a little longer but Jonny did great. We stopped on the way home at Mesa Falls. (top right picture) The most exciting event from our visits was when two bison passed by Trevor and me (the only time we've gone by ourselves) and were literally a foot away. I could have reached out and touched them. (bottom right picture) A little scary!
HAWAII
Around Christmas last year we took a trip with Trevor's family to Hawaii. What a blast. We swam with sea turtles, 4-wheeled through countrysides, hiked to waterfalls, snorkled in ocean coves, and drove to the highest volcanoe on the Islands, (Maunakea 14,000 feet) Greatest Christmas present ever!

No comments: