Last night I attended a Pocatello Mission Conference in Idaho Falls with all Bishops, E.Q. Preseidents, R.S. Presdents, and Ward Mission Leaders from around the area. Elder Robert S. Wood of the Quorum of the Seventy came and addressed us on our Wards' missionary efforts. It was a powerful meeting during which I had a very strong impression. I thought I'd share... While we were being challenged to reach out and invite those less active and who are not members of the Church to our meetings, a specific family popped in to my head. A few months ago a Spanish family of about 6 moved in to our complex. I've never heard any of them, except the youngest daughter speak English and on Sundays they usually are playing outside or running errands. Well, the feeling I had was this, "Michelle, go over and introduce yourself to this family and invite them to Church." Sounds simple, right? I've been thinking about this feeling since last night and know that I must act. So, my goal for the weekend is to do so. I'm excited and nervous. For some reason it's not as easy without the black tag on, plus, my Spanish is rusty. I figure by writing down this goal, if no where else but my blog, then I am responsible to return and report of how things go. Pray for me!
Friday, September 28, 2007
Future Missionary Moment
Last night I attended a Pocatello Mission Conference in Idaho Falls with all Bishops, E.Q. Preseidents, R.S. Presdents, and Ward Mission Leaders from around the area. Elder Robert S. Wood of the Quorum of the Seventy came and addressed us on our Wards' missionary efforts. It was a powerful meeting during which I had a very strong impression. I thought I'd share... While we were being challenged to reach out and invite those less active and who are not members of the Church to our meetings, a specific family popped in to my head. A few months ago a Spanish family of about 6 moved in to our complex. I've never heard any of them, except the youngest daughter speak English and on Sundays they usually are playing outside or running errands. Well, the feeling I had was this, "Michelle, go over and introduce yourself to this family and invite them to Church." Sounds simple, right? I've been thinking about this feeling since last night and know that I must act. So, my goal for the weekend is to do so. I'm excited and nervous. For some reason it's not as easy without the black tag on, plus, my Spanish is rusty. I figure by writing down this goal, if no where else but my blog, then I am responsible to return and report of how things go. Pray for me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
aviséme cuando lo cumplas....espero la respuesta muy pronto! y no importa que el idioma no es tan bueno....el Señor te guiará, tú ya lo sabes
We just had a combined RS/Priesthood lesson on it too. I never went on a mission so it's really scary for me, but I hope to get to know my neighbors more and to talk about the church to them.
Good luck. Being a missionary even after the mission is hard. When we found out that we would be moving to England, we were really excited to have some missionary experiences. Now that we're here, it's a little scary, but it's so great to know that we have something a lot of the people around us don't even know about. Let us know how it goes. You'll be great. What's the worst that can happen? They'll turn you down, but you'll feel better.
Post a Comment