2011 has definitely been a year full of lessons.
Here are just a few:
1. I've learned that it is foolish to judge someone in whose shoes I've never walked.
2. On the dance floor is where I feel the most unrestrained, confident, and indifferent to whether or not I'm making a fool of myself.
3. That there is always enough time in the day to stop what I'm doing and play with my children.
4. When starting over with new friends, new wards, new neighbors (every year), that it's important to step as far away from my comfort zone to befriend others. And that doing so always proves to be worth it.
5. That letting go of control is an essential step in surrendering my will for God's.
6. That I have the potential of being a shopaholic.
7. That having the craziest, most daring, loudest kids at the playgroup
really means that I have the most fun, imaginative, socially engaging children at the playgroup.
8. I've (re)learned that there is power in daily scripture study.
9. That girlfriends are valuable and spending time with them keeps me sane.
10. That I am capable of enjoying a juicy, meaty, burger.
11. I've learned how to use the phrases... "that's what I love about my church," and "Oh, you're new to the area? Have you found a church to attend?"
12.Time and health are much more precious than gold.
13. Blessings proceed temple attendance, paying of tithes, attending church meetings, holding family home evening, etc.
14. Zumba is over-rated. Yoga is not.
15. You can never say "I love you" enough.
16. Family is central to it all.
17. And perhaps, for me, the most profound and reiterated lesson of the year:
Even during life's greatest trials, the Lord's hand is ever present in my life.
"Though the mountains shall depart and the hills shall be removed,
but my kindness shall not depart from thee." 3 Nephi 22:10
Here's to another year full of new life lessons.
1 comment:
Beautiful. I love your list.
Post a Comment