What a great weekend.
Left my husband and kids on a Wednesday evening to fly to California for my best friend, Kelly's wedding. And flew back to Phoenix Saturday evening. Longest trip away from my little ones and first time I've ever left them in Trev's care for more than a few hours. They survived... actually, they did better than survive. They enjoyed themselves and things went more smoothly than they would have if Trev and my roles would have been swapped. He is so wonderful with them.
And the break was wonderful. Maybe too wonderful.
But come Saturday I was anxious to be with my boys and hubs again.
The Weekend's Events:
THURSDAY
Morning: Shopping. alone. so fun.
Afternoon: Manicures with Mom followed by lunch and more shopping.
Evening: Dress Rehearsal with wedding party. Then dinner at the Toll House Hotel, (it was a Burger Bar, yum, with a slideshow and toasts). Conversation around a bonfire. It was so beautiful and such a treat.
Night: Spent at the Hotel's Room Suite with the bride and other bridesmaids.
Ann and I (she was one of my best friends growing up)
Bridesmaids (minus Casey) and bride
Scottie and me (our friendship goes back to Elementary School. Love him)
FRIDAY
Morning: Hair Stylist and Makeup Artist spend all morning beautifying us in our Hotel Suite.
(I went with a 40's pin up look and had my makeup done for the first time. So fun)
Afternoon: Photographers snap shots of Kell getting ready in the suite. Flowers arrive and we take photos on the Hotel grounds. Everything was beautiful. Especially Kell, the bride.
Stopped by the bar on our way out. Don't worry. Nothing for me.
Afternoon-Evening: Limo picks us up at the Hotel and we head to the Church for the wedding. We stay in the Limo till everyone has entered the Church. Excitement and nerves (for some) settle completely in.
The wedding.
Pictures.
Limo ride with entire wedding party to the Reception.
Pictures.
Limo ride with entire wedding party to the Reception.
Evening: Reception on the top of a hill at a Golf Course Resort overlooking the city. So gorgeous.
Yummy dinner. Beautiful toasts. (The waiter had sparkling cider jut for me).
Party.
Dancing... for hours.
(Not sure I've ever danced so long or had so much fun on a dance floor before. My friends know I like to shake it and don't need the alcohol to get a little crazy. Was wishing Trev was there.)
Cake.
More dancing.
More dancing.
Tears. Goodbyes.
So fun.
It could not have been a more beautiful day for my best friend.
This sweet friend of mine has been such an important person to me throughout my life.
I couldn't help but think leading up to the wedding, that Kell, my devoted Catholic friend, has been a huge support to me through my Mormon life. She's attended dozens of Church gatherings, participated in countless religous discussions with me, wrote me many letters on my LDS mission, and waited without judgement outside the temple on my wedding day.
And on her important day I felt nothing but joy and support and peace for my best friend.
(Plus, I love Dan- Kell's now-husband. I could not have made up a more deserving and perfect man for her.)
Anyway...
SATURDAY
Morning: Quick shopping trip with Mom followed by a yummy lunch with Dan, Misti, Claire (my bro, sis in law and baby) and Mom and Dad.
Afternnon: My flight back home to my babes.
Good to be home.










3 comments:
Aww, I remember Kelly and Ann from middle school! Looks like you had a great time! What golf course did she get married at?
You all looked beautiful! :-)
That last pic is SO cute! What cute peas in a pod you have. And I loved your modest dress. Modest is hottest :)
Looks like fun. I bet it was fun for a break and nice to return home. You look beautiful!
Post a Comment