barbecued kabobs sizzling on the patio grill
bare bums splashing and soaking in the kiddie pool
boys dancing and parents dodging a whipping backyard hose
giggles and grins from the littlest
tiny fingers glued together by golden brown marshmallows
chocolatie graham cracker smiles from little ones discovering the deliciousness of a charcoaled smore.
a warm evening bath filled with 26 floating letters and 2 tired boys
goodnight kisses and whispered "I love you's" from tightly tucked toddlers
watching my swaddled baby drift off into dreamland
coveted alone time with my hubby
conversation of dream homes and parenting and "yo mama" jokes and life's blessings
dozing off in our favorite, cozy, 'good night' position
what a perfect night.
ps. To keep you posted, I did file a complaint against our neighbors with our apartment's management. I haven't called the cops yet, but as soon as I hear or see something slightly fishy going on , I will call the cops. Our lease is up in three months. We're thinking it might need to move (for several reasons). Thanks for your input!
1 comment:
I liked that, you painted a pretty clear picture of a great night.
Glad you got the ball rolling on that kid busting into your place, that is very unsettling.
Post a Comment